mister ees

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

mister ees

Post by Larry TN »

"...an I been from twoson to 2 come carry, 2 hatch apee to tone a paw.
Driven ever kinda rig thats ever been made.
driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed." - Lowell George, 1970

"Truth is, all my riding has been east of the Mississippi
and I have never even been in any of those phonetic towns
so they all retain that mysterious quality, like a girls name
when you don't know who the name is hooked to, or what."
- Larry TN
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Re: mister ees

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I've been to Okla and a few other places on a bike. I've even been to sea on a U.S. Navy boat. I think I have been to about half of the states and will get more next year. I used to have a map showing the states I have been to, but I don't have the url anymore. :(
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Been to most the 48 and Alaska on motorcycles but would like to do all the lower 48 before dead.Been on BlueRidge Parkway so many times but never tire of it.Three times this year.Maggie Valley,NC and wheels Through Time museum and Barber museum and race way in Al. should me on anyones motorcycle stop places if going south.Love both a lot.W.V.,Virginia,Ga.,Tenn.,and Kentucky all have lots of great roads if not wanting to superslab.About any state has some nice roads but some of the big citys are pure hell for me :bonk: .

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

I have been to all the lower 48 by semi truck and most of it by bike.

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

21 states ( I think :blink: ) on a bike..several more in a cage....
and Canada..well we stepped into Alberta Province at Chief Mountain Border Crossing..... and I say stepped across... we didn't have passports... so the attendees at the US border allowed us to walk across into Canada......

We did the same thing at San Elena Canyon in Big Bend National Park by wading across the Rio Bravo into old Mexico.

Illegals we were...if only for a few minutes...no welcoming committee either in either country ;IDunno: :big grin: :eek:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

98VS1400 wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:21 states ( I think :blink: ) on a bike..several more in a cage....
and Canada..well we stepped into Alberta Province at Chief Mountain Border Crossing..... and I say stepped across... we didn't have passports... so the attendees at the US border allowed us to walk across into Canada......

We did the same thing at San Elena Canyon in Big Bend National Park by wading across the Rio Bravo into old Mexico.

Illegals we were...if only for a few minutes...no welcoming committee either in either country ;IDunno: :big grin: :eek:
I grew up in Watertown, NY just about 30 minutes from the 1,000 Islands Bridge into Canada. We used to ride motorcycles up to Clayton and ride across the Seaway into Canada on a ferry. We would stop at Hardt Island and Boldt Castle, then ride our bikes back across the bridge into NY. So I've been to Canada many times in my life.

However, about 5 years ago, I took my Mississippi native wife up to my home state. I planned to take her on the same trip to the castle and into Canada, then back across the bridge. She has yet to leave the United States because we were turned away for not having passports.
If someone does you a favor, just thank them. When I went to old Quebec, they never even checked my passport. In northern Montana, there was not even a guard at the border.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Queerbeck

~Jols3n
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Get a passport

~Jols3n

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

98VS1400 wrote:
We have yet to leave the United States because we were turned away for not having passports.

~Jols3n

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

You did see.

~Jols3n

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Well I would have thought you got the memo in 2004

~Jols3n

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Jolsen wrote:Well I would have thought you got the memo in 2004

~Jols3n
Actually, that is incorrect. The new rule came out in April 2005 and was phased in up to the end of 2007. It didn't happen all at once. Also, it mostly affected those ENTERING the US from Canada...Canada for the longest time still allowed a drivers license to enter. Phase 1 was in 2005/2006 with the rule coming into affect for those coming to or from the Caribbean, as well as Central and South America. 2006/2007 was Mexico and Canada (Air and Sea). The last phase, which affected the most people, took effect on Jan 01, 2008, and applied the requirement to all air, sea and land border crossings with Mexico and Canada

And this "memo" you speak of was a traveler alert "card" given to travelers coming into and out of the US by Homeland Security. There was no public announcement.
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

So my dates were off from memory.

~Jols3n

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Canada took us four in and talked to us awhile on way back into U.S..Glad we did not have to unload the bikes.In hind site the most danger of trip was sleeping in the tents three and a half weeks with no gun and lots of bears and other bad critters! :eek:

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Jolsen wrote:So my dates were off from memory.

~Jols3n
My point was more along the lines of "there was know way he would have known"...
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Well I heard about it in 2004 that they were going to do it. I used to go to Canada on the weekends in 2002. Fun times.

~Jols3n

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Jolsen wrote:Well I heard about it in 2004 that they were going to do it. I used to go to Canada on the weekends in 2002. Fun times.

~Jols3n
They started talking about it right after 9/11
-DBTO

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Post by PCC »

I guess I need to go get a passport. The kids want to take me to Europe next year for a 10 day vacation. :clap:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

PCC wrote:I guess I need to go get a passport. The kids want to take me to Europe next year for a 10 day vacation. :clap:
Do it :)
-DBTO