Old Time Rider Has Been Here

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Re: Old Time Rider Has Been Here

Post by NE_FL »

If I had that truck it would be a "keeper." Nice!!

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Just got back from a good little ride after getting a paper.85 but felt hot. Four years ago but this made me feel cooler just looking at it again.Image

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Frozen white tundra there! :eek:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Eight of us went to Tenn last weekend. Six of the old coot bunch and two babies. The 58 year old that sold his motorcycle shop this year after a good ten year run but wants to retire for now. He was on a 1200 Ten as was the other big guy. Ray replaced the blue 1000 V strom he went to Alaska on.The other a 21 year old that the tough 75 year old,Don has raised since around 10. He rode Dons KLR 65O while Don was on the white V Strom 650 in the Alaska pics. Three more 650 stroms, and my so slow C50. No troubles from any of the bikes. Hot and we walked the half mile with our chairs to the Music and Arts Festival.
10th year for the Louie Blue at Cove Lake State Park in Caryville Tn..It was ok but the nice ride down on 25 most the way and ride back this AM on 27 was the best part.We were about the only motorcycles camped and never saw so many dogs! Looked more like a dogs show and lots of kids on skate boards and bikes in the park. Last night after the long walk back to the park and a shower we went out to eat since a good looking place in the park. It was just ok all so with slow service and cold food but taste good.Did see last half of Ten beat Fl. on the big screen.
It was so hot and some one asked helmets since a half mile and in park? First time in ten years for me and two others that far with out one.As we were with in a rock throw of our camp site a little white ford ranger threw on the blue lights at us. He told us that we were on state roads even if no through traffic and we had to wear a helmet. Told us ,"someone had called that a bunch of bikers had just went out of the place with no head gear". A lot of harleys had pulled in and were reading the Alaska,Colorado,and other state park stickers on some of the bikes before we came out.All seemed nice but one we felt was put off with these old men riding so much on smaller bikes [emoji2] .May have been some one in a car all so but good thing we did not get a ticket from a ok park ranger. [emoji106] :cheers:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

ImageOct. 2014 Shenandoah Valley We may go again this month.Hope it is as dry as that trip.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

We did a two day one camp night in Cumberland Gap National park this week end.Loaded the little C50 down and made camp in Virginia. Forest fires could be smelt a little before dark but never got close. The critters were not happy and coyotes were waking us often. Cool ride and heavy fog first two hours but rest of ride and return really nice. Only three of us.Other two on KLR 650s. They were not regular old coots and 50 and 22 years old but were able to camp on my old man card for seven dollars for all three. Good site and clean bath rooms and showers.Can sure see going again. [emoji106]

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

ImageTry another but like rest may not stay? 2014 SR Nats in Louisville,Ky. This is my friends 40 chevy pu I drove to the meet in 14 and 15. The big guy behind it is Raymond who went on the 012 Alaska trip.Next to him Lee and then me.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Image This is Lees 34 that he drove.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Just two of us old coots rode in on motorcycles to Danville this AM. 28 degrees and the 76 year old rode his wing in.Since a good part is four lane leaning in behind the small shield and holding top triple tree with leather mittens not too bad. Vstrom with 54,500 and never a sparkplug out yet sure starts and runs good.When working right this modern stuff is so far ahead of old days.Being on side of road the old points and carb bikes were lots better to fix and ride on but being a old fart would rather not break down at all. :cheers:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Winter came back for a spell ,teens last night but dry [emoji106] .Sun out awhile ago and up to 30s so rolled C50 out and took a few miles ride.Felt good so rolled the pain in the ears loud old roadstar out to set off some car alarms and rub it in on the sea of Hardley riders that tell me come summer they rode all winter . :cheers: This winter lots of them did one day a week as warm as its been. :bonk:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

A few flakes but mostly dry roads and 26 temp on ride to meet old coots.Just seven and was only one that rode a bike in.They are getting too old [emoji2] .Wife got me a cheap $25 one man tent at WalMart.Back pack tent with no fly but will take one off another tent so if bad weather moves in.So fast to put up and may be perfect for one night and gone over and over like the Alaska trip.Only three pounds so tarp and extra cover will be more than it. :cheers:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Imagethis is a often stop about thirty miles from me.You can walk in it but new bridge and road on this side of it.Lots of room on old road to pull off,rest and drink.Its on a really back road between Anderson and Washington :cheers: county.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

old time rider wrote:Just two of us old coots rode in on motorcycles to Danville this AM. 28 degrees and the 76 year old rode his wing in.Since a good part is four lane leaning in behind the small shield and holding top triple tree with leather mittens not too bad. Vstrom with 54,500 and never a sparkplug out yet sure starts and runs good.When working right this modern stuff is so far ahead of old days.Being on side of road the old points and carb bikes were lots better to fix and ride on but being a old fart would rather not break down at all. :cheers:
I stayed in Danville about three weeks ago. It was a Motel 6 or Red Carpet Inn-I cant remember which- right near the McDonalds.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Us old coots did meet at that McDonalds three days a week now go to a cafe on main street. We are sure to meet on the road if I keep riding. :cheers:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

old time rider wrote:Us old coots did meet at that McDonalds three days a week now go to a cafe on main street. We are sure to meet on the road if I keep riding. :cheers:
Son of a gun. Didnt know I was that close. I rolled into Danville about 2 in the morning, grabbed four hours sleep, then hit the road again.

I am on the road a lot. Been all over the place at all hours of the day. [emoji2]

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Burksville Rally last weekend was worse of 12 been to.Bad weather coming and going .Strong gusts of wind coming back and one storm made the trip down in all most all rain seem nice.Hot and steam like in the day time.Seeing friends made over the years and just once a year now was nice. Vstrom did better than me. :cheers:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

It has been more work than cars lately for me. But thats about to change. :)

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Have not missed my every day ride since a little sick in March for a day. This AM rode to Willisburg in Washingtom county to meet a old car nut friend. My 37 will soon be ready for the road again I hope .He had got the best cost on ins. I had heard of. Talyor is name of it.Have any of you had it on a old car/truck with them? Found it on the net so will give them a look see.Had to ride in some rain going but nice on return. Stopped at mc shop to talk to two friends and so far a real nice day. :cheers: :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Seven of us went to Hungry Mother State park . 29 first night.Image