FL, MS, LA, AL, & GA riders...

Places you've been to. Things you've seen.
Share your riding and gathering Vids here.
MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: FL, MS, LA, AL, & GA riders...

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote:Recent talks on here have piqued my interest in a possible meetup during the spring/summer/fall of 2015. Dependent on interest & availability, I'm thinking something along the lines of a Florida panhandle meet. This plan is very much in its infancy and is not in any way a commitment. I'm simply trying to gauge potential interest.

I've never planned or coordinated a meetup of any kind, so I may rely on help from a more "seasoned" brother.

Thoughts?
With all the gatherings and rides already in swing for 2015...and with folks making commitments to them already...I would shoot for Spring 2016 or your turn out will be low.
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote:
MadCow wrote:
98VS1400 wrote:Recent talks on here have piqued my interest in a possible meetup during the spring/summer/fall of 2015. Dependent on interest & availability, I'm thinking something along the lines of a Florida panhandle meet. This plan is very much in its infancy and is not in any way a commitment. I'm simply trying to gauge potential interest.

I've never planned or coordinated a meetup of any kind, so I may rely on help from a more "seasoned" brother.

Thoughts?
With all the gatherings and rides already in swing for 2015...and with folks making commitments to them already...I would shoot for Spring 2016 or your turn out will be low.
Agree, but the target audience is small here anyway... I didn't post this anywhere else.
Depending entirely on the timing, I might be able to swing a trip down that way, late summer though...like Mid September..

I have too much going on with the family early June through later August...

Throw some candidate dates out there...see who bites...end of May is out...might not even be able to make OMG like I want...one kid graduating...
-DBTO

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

MadCow wrote:

Thoughts?

My riding buddy and I rode 510 miles in one day to meet up with a few friends of ours at the Hub in Harrison, Arkansas... when we arrived at our designated meeting place in Jasper, Ar only two others showed up out of a group of 13 who were supposed to ride there for the occasion....
Well We didn't let a small hindrance like that bother us for very long....the four of us rode for three and a half days crisscrossing central Arkansas...it was one of the best rides that I've been on by far... BTW the other two that showed up were from Oklahoma...
Sometimes it's not the size of the ride but it's who shows up for that ride :thumbup:

But I'm like you it's awfully close to the spring and summer of the riding season of 2015..
We have a planned ride to Big Bend National Park in May and then another planned ride to the Hub in Harrison in late August or early September..

And maybe I may head to the Fall Crawl in Suches, Ga to meet Billy Jack and them in October....May be hard for me to squeeze in a ride anywhere else this year...
But maybe by 2016 there will be more (hopefully) members here on the blue board to have a centralized rally somewhere where everyone or at least 75% of them would be able to take that vacation time and travel there in the allotted time frame....

ps: I don't mean to put a damper on your suggestion Keith... but Madcow does have a valid pint to be made here
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Maybe post a poll of date ranges and see which one has the most hits? You could also cross post on IA in the events/rides section and see who bites there.

Suches, GA isn't to far out of my way...I might be trying to hit that one if I can also...
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Someday I'll be back south.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Jolsen wrote:Someday I'll be back south.

Do you ever haul down this way? (Southeast)...
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I used to all the time, but I landed this contract last year and couldn't pass up the pay increase. I almost doubled my take home. But now I am never home...

Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Any more thoughts on this Keith?
-DBTO

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Go on a real ride to omg. I wish I could get time off work to go.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Hey Keith............There's the Gritz Blitz fall crawl in Suches, Ga.. some super nice guys show up for that shin dig and Billy Jack puts on a real good show...he knows every back road twisteroo in that part of the country.....They have a neat dormitory sleeping quarters at High Valley Resort.....20 bucks a night ( last time I was there) that can't be beat with a yellow broom. :thumbup: sleeps about 16 or so and is very comfortable. From your place it's only a hard days ride through Atlanta some 500 miles or so.... Even having to stop every 100 miles or so you could make that trip easy. Some folks like to go further than 100 miles a one clip but that is plenty enough especially if the traffic is heavy. From the looks of it you can hop on interstate 75 just 50 miles from your home....and it will take you all the way into Atlanta and then hop on the 285 loop and exit out on 19 and head north... just a hop skip and a jump :blink: :rock:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"