2006 C90T Questions

Look here first if you are looking for a specific bike.
If you find what you're looking for, click the link.
MrSteed
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: C90T

2006 C90T Questions

Post by MrSteed »

I don't know if anyone actually still comes to this board or not but I'm trying to find the answer to some questions about the above mentioned bike. Anyone have experience with a front end wobble around 30mph? Anyone know why it would be so hard to start? Anyone fully understand the Bully EFI Controller and what the adjustments do? What is the best thing you've done to this bike to make it a great bike?

-MrSteed

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Re: 2006 C90T Questions

Post by WintrSol »

Often, that wobble is caused by low pressure in the front tire; the recommended pressure on the tag is too low, so add 3-5psi. Sometimes, it is due to the head bearings needing adjustment, or, worse, replacement.

Hard to start could be the decompression system adjustment. It can be a PITA to follow the service manual and get it right, but once you figure it out, that may be all you need. Also, make sure all the battery cables are clean and tight, at both ends. The negative cable at the frame is often the problem with hard starts.

All EFI controllers modify the fuel mix, from lean to rich. There may be settings for various ranges of operation, but you need to search for the manual, if you didn't get one with the bike.

If available, ethanol-free gasoline is best in that engine; smoother acceleration at lower rpm, and better mpg will come with it.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

The wobble may also be a tire that needs replacing. I had one that the tire looked great. Yet when I let go of the bar, it shook violently. Put my hands on the bar, it didnt shake anymore. Put a new tire on and it was smooth as a mangina waxing.

You didnt say what your hard to start issue is. Is it weak starting or is it spinning fine and just not firing? If its a weak start, check the usual suspects-cables, battery, charging output, etc. Pretty much what WintrSol said.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Post by WintrSol »

Oh, yeah, bad tire. My friend had the wobble, and added more pressure. It got better, but not completely. He was going to replace the head bearings, but I convinced him to replace the tire first; no problems after that, until the tire started to wear down.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

My LC had notchy SHB's which caused the tyre to wobble. Not sure if the C90 had the same ball and race type as the LC but if it does they are nowhere near as good as tapered. You need to lift up the front to take the weight off the wheel to feel the notch - in my case is wasn't noticeable until I had the wheel and guard off as well.