Water temperature unit

Look here first if you are looking for a specific bike.
If you find what you're looking for, click the link.
homieedoo1
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 96 intruder vs800glAT

Water temperature unit

Post by homieedoo1 »

I have one for ya....Where is the water unit located...I see it in my wiring diagram. :dunno: ..The radiator fan switch and the water temp sensor are wired to it. The 92-04 vs800 intruder use it. My radiator fan switch is bad....Is it ok to wire a switch where the fan switch would be to bring on the radiator fan? THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Water unit

Post by Herb »

homieedoo1 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:29 pm
I have one for ya....Where is the water unit located...I see it in my wiring diagram. :dunno: ..The radiator fan switch and the water temp sensor are wired to it. The 92-04 vs800 intruder use it. My radiator fan switch is bad....Is it ok to wire a switch where the fan switch would be to bring on the radiator fan? THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Not sure what or where a water unit is.

Why not just replace the fan switch? Looking it up it is almost $100, before tax and shipping.

You could also put a toggle switch where it could be reached and turn it on manualy.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

homieedoo1
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 96 intruder vs800glAT

Re: Water temperature unit

Post by homieedoo1 »

Thanks for your input, Herb. I just don't have the cash now. So just put the switch between the fan switch two leads after I disconnect them. Black/R & Black/W on the harness side..One more, do you know where the water temperature unit is on a 96 vs800 intruder? I see it in my wiring diagram. The water temperature sensor and the radiator fan switch are routed there.Thank you for your time knowledge...

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: Water unit

Post by Lechy »

If memory serves me, it should be in the head light bucket.
Living in Thailand it's bloody hot most of the time, I have my fan hooked up to come on with the ignition. If you are going to hook up to a toggle switch, a water temp gauge would be a smart install.
Grow old disgracefully young man.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Water temperature unit

Post by navigator »

The water temperature unit is in the speedometer housing.