changed oil today

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

changed oil today

Post by Fred »

Hauled it up off the ground and tilted the front wheel up, drained the oil.

Bought a filter for 4 dollar.

Looked around and found some dregs in bottles. I found about 1.3 liter in 5W-30 and some monograde 40.

So I poured in the 5W30 and all I had of the 40 ,--should thicken that up I thought being 35 degrees C every day here.

But I did'nt have enough so off I walked to the car parts and to my surprise its gone down in price s so I bought 5 liters of 40 for 380 baht 30 to a dollar. Ok I'le do it for you,--- thats 12.6 dollar for 5 liters.

So with some nice thin 5W-30 with molecules and additives at the bottom and some thicker stuff on top it should start up on thin oil and thicken up later when hot.

I like the monograde, its a simple oil , no colourings or flavourings just oil. :soda:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Re: changed oil today

Post by Fred »

Hey Fred you gonna fuck your clutch up and your hydraulic lifters man. :bonk:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Go check out this thread
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10233
Very informative
May help you with your diagnostic problem

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

fred, thank you for buggering the tech board with your swill, seek therapy. :fubird:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

navigator wrote:fred, thank you for buggering the tech board with your swill, seek therapy. :fubird:
Wry humor mixed with technicalities and teasing --all gone over your little American head.

You have the sense of humour of a dead German. You could come back with something interesting to read or maybe have a stab at humour, na -- leave it.

Tell you what!! when you see my name --Fred--- don't read it if it makes you so unhappy. Or block me ---yeah thats a good idea. If you don't block me I shall have to think that you like me. now fuck off.

lonerider
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by lonerider »

Fred wrote:
navigator wrote:fred, thank you for buggering the tech board with your swill, seek therapy. :fubird:
Wry humor mixed with technicalities and teasing --all gone over your little American head. .....
Does that include your distasteful anti-American diatribes which are humorless failed attempts at anything meaningful.

It's obvious that you are so consumed with bitterness and jealousy at the American story of successfully becoming the world's
greatest superpower militariiy socially economically and in demonstrated generosity that you are just beside yourself in your
little attempts to discredit what is factually accurate......That the United States of America is the Greatest Country on Earth.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

lonerider wrote:
Fred wrote:
Wry humor mixed with technicalities and teasing --all gone over your little American head. .....
Does that include your distasteful anti-American diatribes which are humorless failed attempts at anything meaningful.

It's obvious that you are so consumed with bitterness and jealousy at the American story of successfully becoming the world's
greatest superpower militariiy socially economically and in demonstrated generosity that you are just beside yourself in your
little attempts to discredit what is factually accurate......That the United States of America is the Greatest Country on Earth.

He lives in Thailand because GB got too screwed up, even for him. How would he ever know a great country?
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

The tech board used to be a wonderful resource where folks could ask questions and obtain technical help with their motorcycles.
Many new folks came here to learn nearly anything related to their bikes.
Many members are here to help those folks.

Not so much any more, you have turned this board into your own shitstorm.
Lots of other boards exist to play on...general, religious, politics, etc. where you can spew your hatred for everything.
You should be very proud. :fubird:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

I've only posted twice and I am the OP. Its my thread. Both times I have talked about oil.