air filter

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
ardo
Studying MC Handbook

air filter

Post by ardo »

Good morning everyone, as I posted before questioning low gas mileage, someone suggested to check the air filters, well the rear one was almost new, apparently it was replaced, I wanted to check the front one, what a pita to get to it, it was very bad, now I know why the previous owner didn't replace it, it made big difference in idling, and driving. I wish they had designed the location better, since it is important maintenance part. it definitely makes difference. Thank you all that chimed in to help
cheers

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: air filter

Post by old time rider »

Yes the top one :bonk: Even with everything off and the plastic top did not want to move?So I called my local friend /dealer that I had worked a few hours a week for way back in late 70s when I had a drag bike they had build the top end on and name of shop on the side.I am sure sometimes too ham fisted and broken a few bits :bang: .Taking king pins out of my 37 chevy truck was only thing that I could get as rough as I could and not worry about hurting. [emoji2]
Dealer told me,"give it a good slap its not the best set up." Just did it once more in the 45,000 put on it and second time as most cases was better.1400 was a tough fun bike and out side of worse cold weather starter of over 30 bikes below 30 degrees some small screws and bolts seemed to be rather soft next to the lots of suzuki fours I have owned.