Changed my mind

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Changed my mind

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I've decided to check out the 650 Burgman. I like the looks of it and the fact that I can pull a trailer behind it. [emoji106] [space] :cheers: And without the tank and motor in the way of me putting my legs down should make it easy for this old man to ride. I can also get one with the trike rearend if it is needed. :clap: I'm not too happy that it doesn't come with a foot brake pedal for the rear brakes. :bonk:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Elsie rider
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: HD Triglide

Re: Changed my mind

Post by Elsie rider »

The Burgman 650 is an awesome bike. When on the highway...put in manual mode, hit up on the electric shift...it will go into over drive..cruise at 80 without breaking a sweat

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

I just can't wrap my head around that bike. If I get tired of Cruiser and Tourers I can see myself on a Boss Hoss trike, however.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

When I look strictly at the features of, say, the Burgman 650 Executive (manual & automatic drive modes, ABS, lumbar support, lots of storage, powered adjustable wind screen, adjustable rear suspension, available options such as heated seats and grips), and compare those to the features of comparably priced motorcycles, I love what I see. I'd ride it. [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I like it and it has the power to pull a little trailer. I did notice that one guy on the Burgman owners site had listed in his sigline 3 or 4 of them with CVT's gone out and needing fixed. But I seriously doubt if I will put 100,000 miles on my next bike unless it is a trike. :uhh:

I'm thinking it may be time to get the valves checked and adjusted on my 800 as it is making a little engine noise on the interstate. But when I pull in the clutch the noise goes away so I'm not sure what the problem is. But with over 128,000 miles since they were last checked I'd say the valves need checking. :ahha: [space] :putput:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree: