What did you do to the motorcycle today?

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Re: What did you do to the motorcycle today?

Post by franktiregod »

Squeezed in a dinner run then to Tractor Supply for a refill purchase for my bolt bins at home then home to get packed for the road tomorrow. Be back Wednesday nite so the bike sits till then.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Just got back from teeth cleaning and check up.Nice cool ride but no sun.Stopped at MC shop before coming home and only bike even in these nice 50s? I know a ton of old guys that are retired and able to ride,just don't like to as good as me.One called before going to know if ok to plug center of tire that small nail was in on his Honda.Told him if he did his car tires go for it. :cheers: :putput:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Rode Strom to meet 10 other old coots.So nice all rode bikes in today.Tax man called last night and needs paper work for what I paid for stock in 1992! LexMark sold out so stock owners stock was sold and they sent me a $33,400 check with no paper work.He told me by law they do not have to and with all the buy sell going on happens often! So will be looking but bet I never find anything.Just look up what it sold for back then and take off around 10% is all I see we can do?So do a little cleaning ,burning and looking today.In last nights look found $1,100 in bonds I had took out for my kid when she was very small and gave them to her as she is going on a cruise soon.My kid is such a hard worker and has really done good for herself,yes a little proud of her :kiss: ! :cheers:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Rode Vstrom in light rain and 41 to Danville to meet old coots.One other from Danville rode in.Then rode in light rain and stopped in Harrodsburg to meet other old coots that one has been telling me to stop and meet them for a year as they have one like me.One a bike owner so we hit it off .Was getting ready to leave and the one they really wanted me to meet came in.He is 80 and mind sharp as a teen.Was a big manger at IBM and took the buy out when I did.I never worked with him but he has had lots of motorcycles and old cars so we really had a lot to talk about. Not a great day weather wise but made two new friends today and not far from me. 11AM and all ready had my usuall ten cups of coffee! [emoji106] :putput:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

Yesterday I took my mother to a car show with me. After we got back and I dropped her off I took a 65 mile short ride. Today I plan to ride. No clue where. Just need to get out.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Got to 70 and sun :clap: .Wife even wanted to ride so checked oil and gas in big old loud RoadStar. She likes the ugly corbin tour on it.We rode on all most no traffic back roads into Washington county and back.Nice little hour ride by two old people. :putput: :cheers:

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club

Post by franktiregod »

I rode about 80 miles away to where a friend and his wife were camping. We took the kayaks out and that's where it turned bad. I flipped my kayak and the ill fitting "life vest" might as well have been a lead weight. Lol. I would have been much better off without it.

But we had a good time and I rode all kinds of back roads home. Right now I am having BBQ about 25 miles from the house. Then home to REST.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Fitted new clutch springs to the 750.
I found that the Honda sonic 125 uses similar springs, 3mm longer and at less than $5 a set. Took off for a hard run, no more clutch slip, will have to see how long they last.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Still warm but bad winds most of day and some rain.When roads became dry and wind lots better rolled 1600 RoadStar out for a ride.Wife did not want to ride in the wind.Felt better than all day on return. Best thing for this old coot is my every day ride most every day. :cheers:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Rode V-strom to meet old coots.Wet roads some places from heavy rain last night. nine rode in. Stopped at bank on way home and wind up and getting darker when home.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Was so warm,70 at 6:30PM yesterday! so rolled RoadStar out for second ride of day.Calling for bad storm this PM . Still nice at high noon . C50 not rode in a week so took a good back roads slow ride on it :putput: . Out ran two farm dogs,thats about all they can out run. [emoji2] Don has not posted in a long time about the new C50 he got? Hope he is in good shape. :cheers: Wind getting bad now so hail called for may be here soon. Sure hope it slips by us.

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Rolled out at day light in rain but wind the trouble.Was only one on a bike at old coots meet. Coming back from Danville wind was far worse than before and felt like a sail boat on four lane in the gust. Rain has not stopped yet. First motorcycle night of the year at local bike shop this PM. Mid 40s to be high today so poor turn out I bet. Even a bad ride if no ice is usually better than a cage. :putput: :cheers:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Image Rode to bike night as rain had stopped but temps low 40s and chill 30s.Thought at least a few hard core would show and a bunch of cars/trucks.I was only one! They took my pic to post on JVM web site. Lots of owners and very few riders!

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Took a short ride in nice sun but wind and low 40s. Saw one other bike go by as topping off the RoadStar .Think it was a v-four Yamaha dresser.Thought gas would go up fast but still $2.39 as it was yesterday. Weather is going to get lots better for Sat. Bet lots of bikes will be out being the week end. 60s called for with sun after hitting low 30s tonight. Friend called and wanted to eat out tonight and too cold for the wives so in a cage tonight.Wife rode at 39 degrees for 40 miles twenty years ago and still will not ride below 50 after that. [emoji2]

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

Washed and waxed the 750, took her out for a couple of hours spin. Bloody Murphy woke up and I hit a downpour, now she is covered in shyte again. I'm not a happy chappy at the moment.

[emoji41]

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Rode Vstrom at 36 degrees to Danville to meet other old coots.Later seven of us rode to open house at mc shop.Got nice fast and 60 by noon and sun.Even Harleys out by noon.Sunday even better called for. :cheers: :putput:

ecbaatz
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki VS1400 Intruder

Post by ecbaatz »

Last night (or should I say this morning) working till 0300 to fix rear turn signal.
Today, put in K&N air filters. The went on a 125 mile ride.

It was all great.

Eric
Eric
EM1(SS) Retired
Any day is a good day to ride!

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Real nice 75 and sun.Wife wanted to ride so took old RoadStar on two county ,two towns ride.Even got a little hot. :putput:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Finally, the weather is here, after a winter of wrenching we got in a 105 miler!!
Crossed state lines for a slice of pizza...WOOT!!

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club

Post by Lechy »

Got around to cleaning her up again after the rain ride then stuck some stickers on her.

[emoji41]