Gz250 brake issue

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
pmhearns12
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki s83

Gz250 brake issue

Post by pmhearns12 »

So i tried posting this on the gz forum but not enoigh traffic to get help... its a brake issue so shouldnt be gz specific. I have the bike up on a stand... the front wheel requires much than normal force to spin. The brake lever is also very tight and allowes only little movement. When more force is applied, the lever does give in some... i drained the fluid and flushed with new fluid and re filled it again. I bleed the system and still very hard to pull... could the caliper be locked up? Does it work like a car caliper? Can i remove it and pulk the pads and press the piston back in with c-clamp?

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: Gz250 brake issue

Post by Lechy »

Not sure about your model. Mine is an 800 so I guess they should be the same. They are a little different than most car calipers in as much as the caliper does not slide but fluid is transferred to both sides to move 2 pistons via a small hole and sealed by a tiny O-ring. you can remove the caliper and push back both pistons but I doubt you will get a C clamp in there. It would be an idea to remove the caliper and give both pistons a spray with PB blaster or something similar and let it sit over night, Remember, when you push the pistons back, the fluid will go into the MC res. so make sure you have enough space there to take the returned fluid.
As always when messing with DOT fluids, cover your paintwork well. Fluid eats paint and is a real bastid to get out of the steel.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.