Lift and ramp recommendations

General questions not related to any bike specifically.
Every day questions, batteries, oil, spark plugs, etc. etc!
Think if it as the, Motorcycle Chit Chat Channel.
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: Lift and ramp recommendations

Post by Herb »

I have a small utility trailer and just recently bought a pickup, after 4 years without one. The trouble with having them is some friend is always wanting to borrow them or wanting me to haul something for them, and almost never pay for the use or my time/labor.

Even with the trailer only 12 inches off the ground I still need ramps to load the intruder or the 1100, The dirt bikes can be loaded without them but it is easier with the ramps. At my age, easier is better. :sad:
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Herb wrote:I have a small utility trailer and just recently bought a pickup, after 4 years without one. The trouble with having them is some friend is always wanting to borrow them or wanting me to haul something for them, and almost never pay for the use or my time/labor.

Even with the trailer only 12 inches off the ground I still need ramps to load the intruder or the 1100, The dirt bikes can be loaded without them but it is easier with the ramps. At my age, easier is better. :sad:

Mine has the drop down ramp gate. I love it. Just ride up on it. Bike or mower. I use it for the mower more than anything. My lives about 5 miles away and I cut her grass after I do mine.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

franktiregod wrote:
Herb wrote:I have a small utility trailer and just recently bought a pickup, after 4 years without one. The trouble with having them is some friend is always wanting to borrow them or wanting me to haul something for them, and almost never pay for the use or my time/labor.

Mine has the drop down ramp gate. I love it. Just ride up on it. Bike or mower. I use it for the mower more than anything. My lives about 5 miles away and I cut her grass after I do mine.
Not worth the trouble to mess with the trailer if there is any way the pickup will work.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Herb wrote:
franktiregod wrote:

Not worth the trouble to mess with the trailer if there is any way the pickup will work.

There we totally disagree. It's easier to load and unload the trailer and it only takes two minutes to hook it up.

By the time you open the garage door to find the ramps I would already have the trailer hooked up a d driving off.

To each his own but my trailer gets used a lot.