Sometimes riding sucks

STRICTLY Motorcycle Talk allowed here. ALL others get deleted!!!!
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Sometimes riding sucks

Post by Herb »

Went out this afternoon for a ride. Only went out 15 miles and turned around and came home.

Damn smoke in the air really sucks, about 10 miles out my eyes were watering and I was starting to cough. Just gave up and came home.

The news came on right after I got home and the air quality here is unhealthy for everyone, about the middle of the red zone.

If not for the smoke it would have been a great day for a ride. low 80's, no wind, light traffic...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Sometimes riding sucks

Post by navigator »

Riding doesn't suck, smoke does.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

navigator wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:52 am
Yeah, but he’s saying that in the smoke riding sucks. I commiserate. Here it is hot and humid and air filled with pollen. Can’t be outside for more than an hour and I start feeling sick. Not only riding, everything outside sucks in this fucked up eastern climate.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

RoadKing wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:17 am
navigator wrote:
Yeah, but he’s saying that in the smoke riding sucks. I commiserate. Here it is hot and humid and air filled with pollen. Can’t be outside for more than an hour and I start feeling sick. Not only riding, everything outside sucks in this fucked up eastern climate.
I can drive the car with the cabin air filter and the AC with no porblem. It is riding in this shit that sucks. For the majority of this summer, every time I wanted to ride the smoke has been bad, the winds have been bad, and/or the heat is well above 100. Just seems like the whole universe is against me getting any riding in.

Oh well, can't change it just roll with the punches and bitch.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:00 pm
RoadKing wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:17 am
navigator wrote:
I can drive the car with the cabin air filter and the AC with no porblem. It is riding in this shit that sucks. For the majority of this summer, every time I wanted to ride the smoke has been bad, the winds have been bad, and/or the heat is well above 100. Just seems like the whole universe is against me getting any riding in.

Oh well, can't change it just roll with the punches and bitch.
That’s me. Tried putting up temp fencing for my three 7 month old pups. They are 80 lb destructive bastids. Destroyed the steel posts. A lot of work in the heat but I thought it a half way decent accomplishment until the universe turned the heathen fuckers against me. Steel posts twisted and bent by the little Godzilla freaks. Hey, I tried. Total fail.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Sometimes life throws us a shitball. All we can do is deal with it as best we can.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

Herb wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:07 pm
Sometimes life throws us a shitball. All we can do is deal with it as best we can.
Knock that shitball right over the right field wall!
Signifying nothing”

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

RoadKing wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:44 pm
Herb wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:07 pm
Knock that shitball right over the right field wall!
The trouble is they have a tendency to blow up when hit...