grinding gears

STRICTLY Motorcycle Talk allowed here. ALL others get deleted!!!!
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: grinding gears

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:24 pm
hillsy v2 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:29 pm
What RR do you have?
hillsy v2 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:58 pm
he will keep quoting himself and keep it stinking.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

So you don't know what RR you have?

Awesome :lmao:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:49 pm
So I don't know that an RR can fix the 1500 charging issue

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

You don't actually know about this stuff, do you?

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

I sure do. :space: Just because you aren't getting what you want the moment you want it ,..does not mean I don't. :space: :dunno:

I'm waiting for Border Rat to respond to this;
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=14538&start=20
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=14538&start=23

......after all He is the one who actually OWNS a 1500 and is working on it . :space: You sold yours,...right?

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Haha - fkn dancing again....

Yeah I sold my 1500 to my brother - after I changed the stator, RR, battery and modified the wiring to make it charge properly. Even then it would only put out 12.5v at (low) idle. Bumped that up a couple of hundred RPM and it was back over 13v. Simple but the downside was a more pronounced clunk into first. No biggie but that's the compromise for a permanent magnet stator system on a low revving crank.

Have you ever owned a 1500? Didn't think so.

Go back to your fantasy land where you can pretend you're an expert. No one here is buying your bullshit.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:08 pm
Haha - fkn dancing again....
Why must you Start Needless Arguments with Factually Bankrupt messages of Personal Attack ........and then.... continue to bicker and crap all over the Threads you post in?
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=14538&start=19
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=14538&start=25
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=14538&start=30
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=14538&start=38
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=14538&start=39
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=14538&start=43

hillsy v2 wrote:
......Have you ever owned a 1500? Didn't think so.....
We see you being the ASS-umptive "person" you so adept at. :space: :uhh:

I have told this before,...don't you remember? :space: I maintain/modify my Riding Buddies 1500. :space: Have for years now. :space: :dunno:
I posted this over 4 times in this Thread;
viewtopic.php?p=215573#p215573

hillsy v2 wrote:
.....Go back to your fantasy land where you can pretend you're an expert. No one here is buying your bullshit.
You just can't accept that others here on the Board have equal,...if not more,...quality experience to offer. :space: :roll:

News Flash,..........you are NOT the "burning bush" of our Tech Board.

Big clue? :space: You telling LSUtiger to fiddle with electrical switches right after seeing my suggested test proved he has an ONLY mechanical problem.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:41 am

I have told this before,...don't you remember? :space: I maintain/modify my Riding Buddies 1500. :space: Have for years now. :space: :dunno:
So to use one of your tactics - thanks for confirming you've never owned a 1500.

:Cool:

Border Rat
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 98 Intruder VL1500

Post by Border Rat »

To Designer:Finally got around to trying your method of removing air bubbles from master cylinder.I didnt see any bubbles .Did see some black fine powder floating in there so soaked it up and refilled m.c.Clutch seems stiffer now but wont know until a test ride.Sorry took so long for the reply but some times the destruction of ones life gets in the way of bike stuff....

Border Rat
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Border Rat »

:bang:

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Border Rat wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:29 pm
Did see some black fine powder floating in there so soaked it up and refilled m.c.Clutch seems stiffer now but wont know until a test ride.Sorry took so long for the reply but some times the destruction of ones life gets in the way of bike stuff....
Sorry to hear about your life's destruction. Hope that's a bit of an exaggeration :ShitGrinandThumb:

With regards to black powder in your clutch MC - sounds like first of all you need to flush the entire system if you haven't already done so. There shouldn't be anything in there apart from clean fluid - but if there are contaminants in the reservoir you can bet they are also in the lines / slave.

You can use a syringe to reverse bleed but I would suggest extracting the old fluid out of the slave so you aren't pushing any of the crap back into the MC (you can also use the syringe for this). Reverse bleed should only be done with clean fluid in the system.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Border Rat wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:29 pm
To Designer: Finally got around to trying your method of removing air bubbles from master cylinder. :space: I didn't see any bubbles. :space: Did see some black fine powder floating in there so soaked it up and refilled m.c. :space: Clutch seems stiffer now but wont know until a test ride. :space: Sorry took so long for the reply but some times the destruction of ones life gets in the way of bike stuff....
:blink: :space: Destruction Of Ones Life sounds pretty darned ominous! :space: I can only hope and pray that whatever you are going through will not do that to you. :space: :bow:

Good that the Bleeding Technique you did made a constructive difference and made the lever feel "stiffer" . :space: Those teeny-tiny Micro bubbles can be very small and virtually unseeable.

Since the dark stuff you mention in the Master and might also be in your Lines,...,.it makes good sense that the way to flush the Dirty Fluid out would be to pull all that contaminated fluid out the Slave Cylinder,....using a Mity Vac Brake Bleeding Tool rather than push it all back up Into And Through the Master.

We here are pulling for you,.... so post when you can. :space: :ShitGrinandThumb:

Border Rat
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Border Rat »

Took a ride today .The air purge maybe helped a bit hard to say ..This problem did come on gradually.It almost seems to be something in the shifter or trans,being as it seems we tried everything else.Any ideas?And I am.single again after 17 years.That why cant concentrate on bike stuff too much.Sorry to put that out there ,but...

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Border Rat wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:47 pm
Took a ride today .The air purge maybe helped a bit hard to say ..This problem did come on gradually.It almost seems to be something in the shifter or trans,being as it seems we tried everything else. Any ideas?And I am.single again after 17 years.That why cant concentrate on bike stuff too much.Sorry to put that out there ,but...
The " Purge" can only work so far. :space: If the fluid is as dirty/contaminated as you mention,...that too can be a factor in your "grinding" issue at the lowest gears.

Nice, clean, new fluid would be my next suggestion. :space: After all, it is Fundamental to a properly functioning hydraulic system.
After you bleed-in all new fluid (as I mentioned in my last message), do perform the same "purge" bleed as you did before;
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4

As to now being "single again".....been their too My Friend. :space: Keep Your Head High,....for things do get MUCH better. :space: :clap:
I found that a lot of life's problems get worked out with a tankful of Gas. :space: :naughty: :rock:

Border Rat
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Border Rat »

Just checkin in,let everyone know Im still alive up here.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Border Rat wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:01 am
Just checkin in,let everyone know Im still alive up here.
MOST Excellent! :space: :clap:

I'm pullin' for ya, Bro. :space: :ShitGrinandThumb:

Didya git out and Ride your Bad Boy lately? :space: :rock: