Anyone have a sportster?

STRICTLY Motorcycle Talk allowed here. ALL others get deleted!!!!
Kingkoa1
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Suzuki intruder vs800

Anyone have a sportster?

Post by Kingkoa1 »

[img][/https://postimg.cc/gallery/NYmhvXQ]
So I picked up this 01'sporty xl1200c...it has the led tail light w/turn signal integration,i wanted to delete the turn signals so I can mount hardbags .since there's signals in the tail light I figured I could just unplug them but when I do the turn signal stops blinking🧐 when I push the turn button it just stays solid amber... The tail light is sliced into the turn signal but when I unplugged the OEM signals that's when it goes solid ! Anyone know how this works?
“If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle!!”

Kingkoa1
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Suzuki intruder vs800

Re: Anyone have a sportster?

Post by Kingkoa1 »

Other then that the bikes pretty awesome...it's got drag pipes though and I really don't like them...it's got no back pressure and engine braking is Nell...I ordered some baffel inserts to see if that'll help out a bit. I just don't know why people need the drag pipes on any Harley, they're already plenty loud as is...I could see if I was actually gonna drag race then I would totally love them because that's what they're for. Anyways I picked up this bike for $1,000👏 the kids I got it from said it had a big oil leak, after going through the bike I found the leak...I was literally just a tiny drip coming from the oil line crimp.its super small drip.🤣😂.... Just another youngster that's afraid to get his hands dirty, love those kids man! I think if you get a bike you should take the time to learn what's between you & the road! Get a little oil on you're hands and don't let anyone work on your bike, other wise when it breaks down on the long haul your stuck twiddling your thumbs lmao! But I've always felt a little pride and accomplishment from figuring out and fixing any problems my bikes have, even if I have to cheat with YouTube or hopping on the forum for advice.
“If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle!!”

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

So there's turn signals in the tail light and the bike also has the stock rear turn signals?

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

The stock signals are incandescent and depend on that load to flash.
Insufficient load will make them stay solid, so you know when a bulb is out.
LED require less load, so you need an electronic flasher unit.