Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we thank you for the Holy Spirit that binds us to you. Give us continually afresh something of this Spirit so that we can go forward with light shining on the paths we must follow on earth. Grant us your Spirit, grant that light may break into our whole life and we can rejoice because we experience so much of what you are doing. For through the power of your Spirit you can help us toward your future and all that is to come, that we may live not only in time but in eternity. Be with us on this new day. In Christ we pray, Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, as we awaken we pray to be filled with your Holy Spirit for the rest of this day. Let us go forth, walking with your Spirit in our heart, that we may be filled with the joy and energy and praise for your entire creation, thankful in the many gifts you have given us, and showing forth your light in our every word and deed. Be with us and watch over us. In Christ we pray, Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we thank you for this new day and for the protection you have given us. Grant that we may find our joy in your grace and in your love. Help us to become truer followers and servants for you. Be merciful to us and help all those who belong to you. You know them all and the thoughts of their hearts. You know our struggles on earth and the temptations that surround us. Be with is as we entrust ourselves to your care this day. Help us and bless us. May your will be done in all things, also in the midst of all the sin and misery in the world. May your will be done on earth as in heaven, and may your kingdom come. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we open our eyes to this new day we have been given. We put our trust in you as our lives are in your hands. Let your face shine on us your servants.
We turn to you asking to hear our hopes, hear our faith! Free each heart from discouragement and sadness over the many evils of the world. Make us free from earthly things, free yet bound in spirit with you. Help us on our journey as we walk with you. Fill us with hope that the whole world will see the light, for in your light alone can we find fullness of life. Protect us and bless us through your Spirit. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

6 Reasons We Can Believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ

If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. —1 Corinthians 15:17
The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is the cornerstone of our Christian faith. If Christ did not rise from the dead, your faith is in vain. But you can be assured that the good news is true. Jesus Christ “was buried [and] he was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:4).

Throughout the ages, skeptics have tried to disprove the Resurrection experience, but it stands the test of time. Here are six proofs that Jesus actually rose from the dead:

First Proof— The Resurrection was foretold by Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. —Matthew 16:21

Second Proof— The Resurrection is the only reasonable explanation for His empty tomb.
Joseph brought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen, and placed it in a tomb cut out of rock. Then he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb. —Mark 15:46

Third Proof— The Resurrection is the only reasonable explanation for the appearance of Jesus Christ to his disciples.
He was buried…raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and…appeared to Peter and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to…me also, as to one abnormally born. —1 Corinthians 15:4-8

Fourth Proof— The Resurrection is the only reasonable explanation for the beginning of the Christian Church.
This man was handed over to you by God’s set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. —Acts 2:23-24

Fifth Proof— The Resurrection is the only reasonable explanation for the transformation of the disciples. The disciples went into hiding in an upper room “for fear of the Jews” (John 20:19). After seeing and talking with Jesus for approximately six weeks, they went out to “turn the world upside down” (see Acts 17:6), fearlessly proclaiming Jesus Christ (also see Acts 3:12-26; 4:1-33; 8:4; 17:6).

Sixth Proof— The witness of the apostle Paul and the transformation of his life, can be reasonably explained only because of the resurrection of Christ. “Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Christ” (Acts 9:22).

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Are Your Words Causing Others to Stumble?

“Jesus turned and said to Peter, ‘Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.’” --Matthew 16:23
If you were Peter, how would you feel to have Jesus turn to you and say what He said to him in Matthew 16:23?
If one of the twelve Apostles could be a mouthpiece for Satan, does it cause you to consider the possibility of the evil one trying to speak to others through your words, too?

But maybe you wouldn’t have been so bold as to take Jesus aside and rebuke him for speaking of His upcoming death and resurrection saying, “Never, Lord! This shall never happen to you!” (Matthew 16:22)
Of course, Jesus was really addressing Satan, who was behind Peter’s words, but still. The realization of who was influencing what was coming out of his mouth must have been hard for Peter to swallow.

Like Peter, it’s so easy to believe an idea or thought is your own, not realizing how the enemy of your soul works to influence others through what you say. Like most Christians, it’s easy to be naïve of how Satan may be attempting to discourage God’s will in another individual’s life or trip them up in some way through your mouth.
Yet Peter’s example illustrates how it can happen to even those who have a personal, close relationship with Jesus.

Most may think it’s so obvious to spot Satan’s plots, but Scripture describes how the evil one disguises himself stating, “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light” (2 Corinthians 11:14).

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, as we go forth on this day, teach us to do your will. May your good Spirit lead us on level ground. May we have a refuge wherever we must go as we serve you on earth. We thank you that your life can be revealed in us and can flow through us so that the world may be blest by you, our loving and caring Father. Protect us and strengthen us in times of trouble and sorrow. When we travel on new paths, give us your Spirit to show us the way, that everything may lead to the good and to your honor. Through your Spirit unite us in the unshakable hope that your will shall at last be done on earth as in heaven. Grant that we may rejoice in the certainty that whatever happens, our paths are made level and firm by your love and your faithfulness. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we thank you for this new day to be alive and serving you. We thank you for everything you have done for us, everything we think of when we are quiet for a moment and look back. May all that you have done remain alive in us, so that we can look forward with open, clear-seeing eyes, aware that our lives are in your hands and that you always lead us to something new, great, and glorious. Be with us in all we are called to as we forth on our journey. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we arise to the beginning of this new day. All through this day, O Lord, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let us touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word we speak, the prayer we speak, or the life we live. You are the guardian of all, let Your Right Hand guard and shelter us by day and by night, while at home and while away, while sleeping and while awake, that we may never fall. Have mercy upon us Your Children. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

God’s Word
Jehovah, we arise to this new day and as you gave us the sun to lighten our days, so you have given us your Word to lighten our minds and our souls. I pray that you will pour out on me your Spirit as I pray today, that my heart and mind may be opened to your Word, and that I may learn and accept your will for my life.
Shine within my heart, loving God, the pure light of your divine knowledge; open the eyes of my mind and the ears of my heart to receive your Word, this day and always. In Christ's name I pray,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer
Lord God, with the rising of the sun on this new day you have blessed us with, we pray for your guidance and peace in all we may face. Look down on each of us and equip us with every good thing that we may do your will, working in us that which is pleasing in your sight; through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, accept our thanks for this new day, for all you allow us to learn and to receive from you.
We thank you for giving us faith and for letting us pray to you at all times. Help us, your children, to follow you with a right spirit and with true understanding. Protect us from all evil as we go forth to serve. In our generation may we experience your rulership and your wonders. May your will be done on earth as in heaven, that all may realize they are in your hands and that it is your will to set everything right. Be with us each day. Bless and strengthen us for all the work entrusted to us. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we come in prayer this morning to thank you for this new day. We pray that you would guide our path today and, more specifically, our thoughts, words and actions. Please be with us throughout the day and help us to navigate through whatever comes our way. Most importantly, help us to reflect and live out our life in a way that is honoring to you. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we awaken to the light of this new day and thank you for counting us worthy to serve you. We ask in prayer that You would guide our path today on our daily journey. Fill our thoughts, words and actions as we do your will. Be with us through your Spirit and lead and protect each of us. Help each of us to put our faith, hope and trust in you knowing you will see us through whatever challenges we may face. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Lord God, let us give thanks to you for your continued faithfulness and guidance you bless us with every morning of each new day. We thank you for the good you have poured out on us throughout our lives! We thank you that again and again we feel your help and know that you can fill our earthly life with what is of heaven. May your kingdom come over the whole world, for all people are longing for faith and for mercy and are to be gathered into your house under the staff of
you the Good Shepherd. Watch over us during the night. May your help go far and wide into the whole world. Stand by those who call upon you, even when they do not understand how they should pray. Help us and grant that the Savior may come, to the glory of your name. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer
Lord God, as we go forth this day we ask that you direct our steps into the way of peace, and strengthen our hearts to obey your commandments. Give us the wisdom and courage to do your will as you call us to. May the Dayspring visit us from on high, and give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, that they may adore you for your mercy, follow you for your truth, desire you for your sweetness, for you are the blessed Lord God of Earth, now and forever. Amen.