Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

God, I rise this morning to the beginning of a new day and a new week. I pray you strengthen us on our journey this day in what you call us to do. I pray for all children, and for those who take care of them, especially those who awaken them to faith.
I pray for the ill, sick and needy and those who live their lives in loneliness. Lord, give them the strength they need. I pray that the fire of your Spirit may renew the energies of all your saints and enable us to welcome those who do not know you. Lord, may your Church be constantly renewed, in prayer, in your Word and in your worship; in Christ’s name, this I pray,
Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For the Day

Lord God, you bring us to the break of this new day. You Lord who orders all things in heaven and earth: Help us to go about the tasks and duties of this day with the remembrance that we are your servants therein. Make us honest, painstaking, and cheerful, and grant that all we do and say may bring good to others and glory to your Holy Name.
through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day

Lord God, you are Master for this coming year. We pray that you teach us to do the things that please you. We want to know Thy guiding voice, to walk with Thee each day. Make us swift to hear and ready to obey.
As we begin this new year may your name be honored. May your kingdom come and your will be done on earth as in heaven. May this continue to be our prayer in the new year, and may we find fellowship with one another in what is eternal and holy. Bless us on our way. Bless us on our earthly journey so that we may remain free from all bondage, able to thank you day and night for all the good you do, even when things look very dark. We praise your name and we pray as the Savior has taught us. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, let us go forth on this new day and do all we can to give to life for the better of our fellow man. Let us vow to grow in our faith in this coming year, coming to you in prayer every day, and resolving to walk in all those good works which you have commanded us to walk in.
Bless us in our endeavors, if it may please you. Send your Holy Spirit to always remind and correct us when we stray from your path; and renew in us, today and every day, a sense of prayer without ceasing. Let us honor you with our time, our love, our bounty, our words and deeds, as we lay up our treasure in heaven. In Christ's name we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The Power of Jesus' Last Words

“When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” – John 19:30
Last words have power. And often, deep meaning and significance.

And if, like me, any of you have ever been at the side of a precious friend or family member who was whispering final words in their last moments here on earth, you know the incredible heart connection they hold for you, personally. We often find ourselves clinging to those words as we think about a loved one who has passed away. We treasure what they said and we remember…
There’s no doubt that Jesus knew what His last words needed to be here in this life. He knew the power those final words would have for generations still to come. And He had great purpose in them, which still breathe such life and meaning for our lives today.

Jesus became the final and ultimate sacrifice for our sin. The word in this verse, “finished,” is actually from the Greek word, “tetelestai,” which is the same word that means “paid in full.” Often, it was used in an accounting term, which indicates a debt was paid. The uniqueness about the way it was written is that the tense of the word indicates both a point in time it was complete and that it would also continue to be complete or finished. And this is the essence of what Christ came to do. He came to “finish” God’s work of salvation in us. He came to “pay it in full,” the entire penalty, or debt, for our sins. He’s at work in our world still today in powerful ways.
People sin every day. They did, then and we do, now. And that sin costs us greatly. It separates us from God, it sets up a barrier, it leads to further drifting away from what we know to be right, and often leads us to great despair. But the hope that we have now because of Christ’s death on the cross and His ultimate sacrifice on our behalf is this: He completed the work. He paid the sacrifice in full on our behalf. No other payment is needed. He just asks that we accept His gift of forgiveness and life.

Jesus came to save. He came to rescue us, a people without true hope, to give us a lasting life and freedom that we can only find through Him.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we thank you for the blessings of this new day. We thank you for the help you give us over and over again so that we can stand before you, rejoicing in the certainty of faith. We thank you for guiding and leading our lives and for letting us see a goal ahead, a goal to be revealed to all people. Be with us in times of silence when we seem to be alone. Keep us strong and steadfast through temptation and through all the turmoil of life. Help us to remain unshaken, for you walk with us holding us by the hand, and you can lift us above all that does not endure. Almighty God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it; Deliver us, when we draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, we may worship You in spirit and in truth. Through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, on this new day of life, be close to us as we seek you in the quiet of our hearts. Grant us the strength of your Spirit, the strength to wait patiently for your help in our lives. Help us to hold to all that is good. Help us to feel, each one of us, that we are your children and that we may rejoice in your fatherly care. May your will be done more and more fully in us and around us. May your will be done so that we may be given ever greater freeing and your light can dawn where there is still darkness. Be with us as we go forth to to serve and do your will. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, as I rise to the start of this day, I will bind myself to you this day, oh Christ, in your truth and in your sacrifice. As I go forth to serve, I give to you my anxiety and my fear, my depression and my doubt, for you have promised to take them if we only ask; and I take upon myself your burden, for it is light and your way is gentle. May I keep this in my heart and mind all this day. Through Christ I pray,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Lord God, we rise for another day of serving you and others. Thank you for your amazing power and work in our lives, thank you for your goodness and for your blessings over us. Thank you for your great love and care. Thank you for your sacrifice so that we might have freedom and life. Forgive us for when we don't thank you enough, for who you are, for all that you do, for all that you've given. Help us to set our eyes and our hearts on you afresh. Renew our spirits, fill us with your peace and joy. We love you and we need you, this day and every day. We give you praise and thanks, for You alone are worthy! In Jesus' Name, Amen. -

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, on this new day give us strength through your Spirit. We thank you for the many ways you strengthen us and reveal your life to us. We thank you for all your protection, also for your protection of our faith and hope. Grant that your Spirit may penetrate us more and more, enabling us to be your witnesses in this evil and unhappy world. May your Spirit give us hope for this life and for the life to come.
May your light shine for us and may you appear to us ever more clearly. Remember all who call to you. Remember your people as we go forth today. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, thanks be to you for this new day! You give us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
Be close to us as we seek you in the quiet of our hearts. Grant us the strength of your Spirit, the strength to wait patiently for your help in our lives. Help us to hold to all that is good. Help us to feel your presence in all we do. May your will be done more fully in us and around us. May your will be done so that we may be given ever greater freeing and your light can dawn where there is still darkness. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, as we step out into this new day, may each one of us feel sheltered in your hand, knowing that our faults and shortcomings no longer matter. We can go straight toward the goal you have set, for you will help us through the forgiveness of sins and through all the good you can put into our hearts. And so we ask you to be with us. May we be faithful, believing firmly in your great mercy, so that your name may be glorified among us. May each heart be given the comfort of knowing that everything will yet turn to the good, to the glory of your name. Grant to us we pray fullness of faith and a consciousness of your love and goodness, that your blessed Spirit, dwelling within us, may give us health of body, peace of mind, faithfulness of heart, and holiness of life and being. In Christ we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, our light and our salvation and stronghold of our life. Be with us as we face this new day. We ask you to come to us from heaven and surround us with your goodness and mercy, with your light and life. We are weak, poor, and lost just when we need to stand firm and hold on. But you are faithful. You stay by us and help us. Continue to help and sustain us, we pray. Do not let our lives be lived in vain. May something of eternity be with us in all we have to face in life, so that over and over again we may find courage to start anew. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, who watches over us your children by night and by day, our food and our strength, our guiding light. We thank you for this new day and pray that you will watch over us. May our thoughts, our words and actions reflect the Spirit that dwells within us. May every minute of our life celebrate the gift of grace, earned by the blood of Christ, in whose name we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer To Do God’s Will Today
Lord God, we awaken to the start of a new day and a new week. Thy will be done. Give me the strength through the power of your Holy Spirit to hear your voice and follow it, and do your will in all I am called to do.
You have commanded us to love one another, this I know without doubt. I pray dear God, that you will soften my heart to my fellow humans, no matter how sinfully they may act, and leave the judging to you, as you have commanded. Fill me with acceptance in place of judgment, sympathy in place of anger, faith in place of resentment. For my judgments and anger are the creatures of pride.
May I do thy will this day, in the name of Christ I pray.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer for the Morning
Lord God, we rise to the light of this new morning. Be with us and let your Holy Spirit be powerful to direct my thinking today, so that it be empty of self pity, dishonesty, self-will, self-seeking and fear. Inspire my thinking, decisions and intuitions. Help me to be free from doubt and indecision. Guide me through this day and show me my next step. God, show me what I need to do to take care of any problems. I ask all these things that I may be of maximum service to you and my fellow man. In the name of my Lord Jesus Christ, I pray.
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

How We Know That God is Good
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good.” Luke 18:19
God is good in so many ways--the way he provides for us, guides us, and watches over us--but it goes even deeper than that. God's goodness is who he is, and we are created in his image, so, therefore, we share his goodness.
God’s goodness shows up in our lives every single day. Although we often think of his goodness when something big happens, his goodness abounds all the time--in every hour, minute, and second of the day, in the smallest of things around us.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Jesus Is the Only Way to God

“Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’” – John 14:6
Are you being tolerant of other’s beliefs to the point of saying nothing? Not even sharing your testimony because you don’t want to offend anyone? Is the message of “tolerance” keeping you quiet?
If so, you may want to consider who is influencing your decision to remain silent.
A well-known biblical teacher recently quoted the phrase, “Preach the Gospel, and if necessary, use words.”
But Scripture states the importance of using words, as Romans 10:17 explains, “Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.”
Words are essential to use in leading individuals to Salvation. 1 Peter 1:23 emphasizes it stating, “For you have been born again, not of perishable see, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.”

Shutting up is the last thing Christians should be doing because if there are no words, there is no faith that comes from hearing, and consequently leads to no salvations. God Bless

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we come before you and thank you with all our hearts for the blessings of this new day. You know all that we are thankful for. Continue to sustain us, we pray, and give us strength for the paths on which you lead us. Even when we must suffer and fight long, hard battles, we know that everything has its right purpose and will still lead us to your goal. For all this we praise and thank you. Protect us in mind, heart, and spirit. Keep us courageous, and lift us above all discouragement through your Spirit, who will renew our lives forevermore. Be with us as we go forth to serve and do your will. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For The Spirit
Lord God, we rise to go forth this day and I pray for commitment and enthusiasm in every good work, showing the happiness and cheerfulness that comes only when we work for you. Let us live in your presence. Give us patience in difficulties, Lord, being happy and cheerful as we place our trust in you. Show us through your spirit how to live in your presence. When difficulties arise, teach us to be patient.
Let us resolve to welcome others and to be generous with those in every sort of need. Help us to do all we can to live in peace with everyone. May we support and encourage others by rejoicing with those who are happy, and sharing the sadness of those who are in sorrow. May we never look down on another person, but always be positive and helpful towards our fellow man. May we be as concerned for those who can do nothing for us in return as for those who are very close to you. Lord, let us break the cycle of evil, conquering it with goodness, for only with your help and your strength can we live fully in obedience to your Word.
In Christ’s name we pray, Amen