Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Daily Devotion 1 2 2015

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, our strength and our fortress, our refuge in time of distress. We come to you burdened and driven by every kind of need and oppression, but you will bring light into every situation; in your great goodness and faithfulness you will continue to help. We come to you because you are our help. We want to draw strength from your Word so that we can remain steadfast in these times, awaiting your help and already finding joy and certainty in our expectation. For your kingdom is coming, and your will is being done on earth as in heaven. Be with us this day and watch over us as we go forth to serve you. In Christ we pray, Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:12-13

How to Be Content in All Things
It is evident that he had been in need, but it was the occasion of more entire trust in God. We can easily gather this from his language, but, he delicately adds, he would not, by saying that [the church at Philippi's] care of him had now at last flourished again, imply that they had forgotten him. The care for him was in their hearts; but they had not had the opportunity of giving expression to their love.

Neither did he speak in regard of want; he had learnt-for it is practical experience and its blessed result we find here-to be content under all circumstances, and thus to depend on no one. He knew how to be abased: he knew how to abound; in every way he was instructed both to be full and to be hungry, to be in abundance and to suffer want. He could do all things through Him who strengthened him. Sweet and precious experience! Not only because it gives the ability to meet all circumstances, which is of great price, but because the Lord is known, the constant, faithful, mighty friend of the heart.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

“Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.” - James 5:17-18

Over the last few years, Elijah has become one of my favorite biblical characters. But as I read through the stories of his life yet again, I began to reflect on the biblical truth that Elijah was a man just like us. And yet, his life was so powerful!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

When Do You Thank God? (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Today’s Bible Verse: Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

God tells us godliness with contentment is great gain, but being content is not always easy to do (1 Timothy 6:6). It’s often difficult because we’re looking around at others, wondering if what we have compares with what they have.
Paul said he learned how to be content in whatever state he found himself (Philippians 4:11). Paul didn’t just talk about it, he showed us. There he was in prison, all shackled up, and what was he doing? Having a pity party? No, he was singing praises to God. Too often we choose to praise God after has answered our prayers. And while there’s nothing wrong with thanking God for answered prayer, we miss out, if that’s the only time we praise him with thanksgiving. God is good. It’s impossible for God to be anything less than good. It’s his character.

I often think of when Jesus visited Mary and Martha after their brother, Lazarus died. Even though Jesus went there after Lazarus was already dead, he still had a plan. Praise be the Lord.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Lord, who orders all things in heaven and earth: you bring us to the light of a new day. Help me to go about the tasks and duties of this day with the remembrance that I am your servant therein. Make me honest, painstaking, and cheerful, and grant that all I am called to do and say may bring good to others and glory to your Holy Name; through Jesus Christ I ask this,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Morning Prayer
Lord God, we arise this morning to the new day before us. We pray that Your spirit rest and remain upon all of us your people, in every land, of every tongue, that you Lord meet in mercy all that seek you; that you Lord comfort all who suffer and mourn; that you Lord give us, your people, the blessing of peace, this day and always to go forth to serve and do your will. In Christ we pray,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Lord, you bring the light of this new morning to awaken us your servants. You are the bringer of all mercies and giver of all comfort. Deal graciously, I pray, with all those who cast every care upon you, that they may know the consolation of your love.
Let us abide in you all this day, oh Lord, trusting in you with faith, hope and love, knowing that you are righteous and that we will be made righteous in you. We pray in Christ's name,
Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed..." - Deuteronomy 31:8
God is Near, Even When He Feels Far Away

Often when I feel God is far away, shame takes over. We have this idea that low points in our relationship with Jesus equate to a lack of love for Him. Sometimes well-meaning churches or Christian environments support this belief.
However, most people in the Bible felt like God was far away from them at one point in their journey. Think about Hannah whose only hope in life was to have a baby. Or Joseph who was sold into slavery. What about Moses who never got to enter the Promised Land? Even though the Bible may not articulate that these people felt far from God, I imagine that their circumstances created that tension. And then, of course, there was Jesus Himself who asked, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Matthew 27:46).

In many ways, our relationship with God is like our human relationships. There are times we feel closer to God than in other times, just like there are times we feel closer to people in our life than other times. This is natural. There's no reason for it to cause shame or make us question our love for Him. In fact, we need to guard against doing that because it is a tactic of the enemy. Satan wants us to feel shameful about our relationship with God, and the longer we wallow in that belief, the more opportunity he has to build a foothold in our lives.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, you are our guide, the joy of our heart, the author of our hope, and the object of our love. We come seeking refreshment and peace. Show us your mercy, relieve our fears and anxieties, and grant us a quiet mind and an expectant heart, that by the assurance of your presence we may learn to abide in you, who is our Lord and our God. We thank you that we may be your children, led by you. We thank you for guiding us in times of grief and never forsaking us. Now, as of old, you are with us, Lord our God, and you show us the way in every situation. Protect us in this present time and grant us strength to go on patiently even when our lives hold much suffering and distress. We thank you for your guidance and rejoice in your help for our time. Reveal your hand in power, for soon, very soon, your right hand will change everything.
In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

“A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” - Luke 6:45
Ways to Fine-Tune Your Heart

How’s your spiritual heart condition? Has it been tuning you into the things of God or has it become hardened or broken to where it’s not working properly anymore?
Like a physical heart affects the rest of your body when it’s in a weakened or broken condition, so will your spiritual heart. The well being of your entire physical body depends on your heart functioning properly, just like the state of your spiritual heart affects your relationship with God and with others.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

“When they hurled their insults at Him, He did not retaliate; when He suffered, He made no threats. Instead, He entrusted Himself to Him who judges justly.” - 1 Peter 2:23

Why Not Rather Be Wronged?

Have you ever been mistreated? Dealt with unfairly or experienced loss and hardships at the hands of another? Has someone cheated you out of a position, promotion, or items that should have rightfully been yours?
If so, you’re not alone. Ever-increasing lawsuits are evidence of a world of unfairness.

Yet as a Christian, what is your response? Have you adapted the ways and methods of the culture or do you trust God in these types of matters,
turning to Him to direct your reactions and make things right?
Trust in God is paramount in our relationship with the Holy One.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, on this new day, we look upward to heaven, for you will come from heaven in the glory of the Father. May we remain true to our calling, watching and praying every day and every hour, waiting for you, who will bring into order everything on earth. Bless us and bless our land. Grant us the joy to see you working through us, your servants toward the salvation of the peoples. Be with us and bless us. May your living Word work in our hearts so that every Sunday, every festival, and every day from now on may be a day of joy. Protect us. Bless us. Be with us in all we are called to do. May your name be praised in our hearts. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we thank you this morning for all that we have. Even if we have problems with our health, we are alive today. We have clothes to wear, a roof to protect us, and air to breathe.
Let us never take for granted these gifts of life, oh Lord, but always remember that they come from you; without you, no man could make the sun shine or the tree bear its fruit. We pray to live this day in joy and thankfulness for what we have, remembering always who made us and who keeps us. In the name of Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we ask that you give us a spirit of wisdom and discernment to make choices that honor and glorify you this day, so that we may know you better. We thank you that within you are treasures of wisdom and knowledge, and you generously supply us with understanding through your Holy Spirit. Guide us and bless as we go throughout the day and give us strength to be the best we can be in your presence. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.” - Hebrews 6:19

Heaven is Real: 3 Reasons to Have Hope in a Hard World
Heaven is real. And many of us would agree on that fact. We believe what the Bible says is true. We know that God has prepared us for so much more than we can fully see here in this world. And He has greater things still in store than we could ever even know. But how does the reality of heaven help us in the day to day of life’s struggles? How can it offer us real hope and strength right now?

1. In the midst of life’s storms, we have the hope of eternal life.
One way that heaven offers us great hope and joy is that we can be assured, no matter what we may face now, it won’t last forever. This world is not all there is. We weren’t made to find lasting hope only in this present life. For ahead of us is the gift of heaven.
“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.” Hebrews 6:19
As believers, we hold the hope of heaven as an anchor for our souls. The gift of Christ paved the way for eternal life. It is a sure, steadfast, immovable hope that helps us to remember that the struggles of this world will pass away, but heaven lasts forever.

2. The reality of heaven gives us fresh purpose and meaning today.

Because we believe that heaven is real, our lives have greater meaning and purpose right now. When we know Christ, we also know that life isn’t meaningless, because God has a reason and a purpose for each day. Every day is a gift from Him. Every moment we’re breathing air is another opportunity to love and serve Him.
“So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.” - Psalm 90:12
Life is short. The somber truth we often face is that none of us knows how long we have in this world. We’re not promised tomorrow. Heaven doesn’t diminish the importance of this life, but it makes us more aware of its incredible gift. It’s a clear reminder to us to stay alert and active in sharing light and love in a world that needs His hope.

3. It is a place of true joy and freedom, with no more death, suffering, or pain.

“…They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” - Revelation 21:3-4
No death. No mourning. No pain. God will be with us and He will wipe away our tears for the very last time. Heaven is a place of joy and goodness, freedom and life. If you have ever suffered great illness, disease, or held the hand of a loved one who was in such pain at the end of their life; if you have ever experienced great anguish of the soul, or have struggled through addictions, or walked a painful road through trauma or abuse; there is hope still ahead. Heaven is a place where truly, the old is gone, the new has come. The struggle and pain we carry here, will be lifted away. We will be healed. We will be set free in every way of the burdens that now weigh us down.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, as we receive the blessings of this new day let the rising sun come to us from heaven to shine down on us. Guide our feet into the path of peace. We thank you that you let light shine out every day and every year. Thank you that we may always look to you, whose right hand will bring order into everything and set all things right, even in difficult times. May our hearts receive strength to persevere and go on praising you, for you remain, no matter what happens on earth. You are our God and we can draw close to you. You have made us the firm promise that your day is coming when truth and justice will arise on earth to the glory of your name. May the hearts of many people turn to you so that they worship you and call to you for help. Lead us forth in praise, honor and worship. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we thank you for allowing us to awake to yet another beautiful day. We are grateful for the beauty of the sun and Your other creations. Despite sometimes forgetting to proclaim our thanks, we should be overjoyed by the wonders around us. Thank You for life as we begin this day. We ask for Your strength and guidance. Help us to face the challenges ahead with courage and grace. May Your Holy Spirit be our constant companion, leading us in the path of righteousness. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we come before you in prayer on this new day. We ask that you be with us and let your face shine upon us, for we are your children. In the midst of all human planning, we are your children who seek you alone, who seek your will, and everything you have promised to humankind. Wrap us with your spiritual armor as we go forth this day to guide and protect us. Fill our thoughts and feelings with your power so that our lives on earth may belong to you, so that with our whole we will put everything we have and are into your hands. We pray to have one will with you. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, we gather in your presence on this new day. We can come to you no matter what may come, we remain your children and receive your blessing. So protect us in this present time
as we go forth today. May the strength of God pilot us, the power of God uphold us and the wisdom of God guide us. May the eye of God look before us, the ear of God hear us, the word of God speak for us. Let us be pleasing in your sight and serve you with all our hearts. In Christ we pray, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Prayer For This Day
Lord God, this morning as we contemplate this new day, we ask for your help and guidance. We want to be aware of your spirit leading in the decisions and conversations we have, and the work we have before us.
Thank you for the gift of this new day. We are grateful for the blessings of life, health, and the opportunity to serve you. Please guide our thoughts, words, and actions today, and may everything we do be in accordance with Your will. In Christ we pray, Amen.