Spreading The Word...

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Spreading The Word...

Post by PCC »

Let me just start out to say religion is a personal, subjective affair for the individual.

IMHO many Christians are too often too eager to get up into the faces of others about their personal religious beliefs. If you believe in the reality of hell, then wanting to save non-Christians from going there is an understandable thing. But the bottom line is it’s absolutely impossible to talk someone who isn’t a Christian into becoming one; in fact, more than anything else it’s likely to push the non-Christian further from God. We Christians would be better to spend our time “just” living as Christians, and to let God worry about the non-Christians.

Now I am not saying necessarily Christian do nothing but it is better to remember that we should strive to understand Jesus and his word.
Most importantly we should remember that Jesus was about LOVE...

Here are some things to think about...
People always run away from pushy Christians who are constantly trying to give Christian sales pitches.
However, people didn’t run from Jesus. As a matter of fact, the worse the sinner, the more they wanted to be near Jesus.

If you read the stories about Jesus in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the Bible), you’ll start to see how much he cared for the people he encountered, meeting their physical needs, feeding them, and even healing them. Jesus’ compassion for the crowds opened doors to countless conversations.
I believe that sharing your faith in Jesus will never require you to be pushy. The fact is, when we live out our faith authentically, we’ll begin to notice open doors for real conversations about our faith.

Let me put it another way... if you ask some Christians why they push the word... they’ll often respond, “Because, of the hundreds of people we encounter, if just one person were to put their faith in Jesus, then that would be worth it…wouldn’t it?!!”

My question is "What about the hundreds of people that are made bitter and resentful? How does that calculate into the math problem?

So a long winded approach to get back to first statement... IMHO It is best to just live by example and love as Jesus... the rest will come. :bow:
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

PCC
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: GW TRIKE + 1300 Yamaha V Star

Re: Spreading The Word...

Post by PCC »

Yes I hear what you are saying but my response would be when the message is delivered. There is a time to reach and time that will do no good. Through love and friendship everything becomes possible... When the heart is ready all will be possible.

Popping out of the gate like a racehorse will not necessarily make for the winner in reaching those that have not found the love of God.
Read My Daily Musings On Numerous Topics
Especially Riding Motorcycles & Camera Captures
Of My Meanderings...

https://pcove99.wixsite.com/website

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

To advise and inform a receptive audience is one thing. To preach tiresomely to an audience already made aware of the message is another. There is an appropriate time and place for everything.

But I do agree with both of your viewpoints.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Instead of trying to verbally convert someone to your way of thinking .make your life an example they can look upon...letting them know by your actions what Christianity should look like...As Jesus Christ did when he walked on earth.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

1624 Riots flare in Mexico when it is announced that all churches are to be closed.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"