Religion and smoking! Yeah!

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Religion and smoking! Yeah!

Post by YoDude »

Okay now here's a thought...Aside from the fact we DO know all tobacco and nicotine is not healthy for you, what if tobacco and nicotine really is NOT addicting at all........Now think about this for a minute..... But you've been told ALL your life it IS addicting. When someone comes along and say, oh, I'm sorry, that thinking is incorrect.....what do you reply with?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Re: Religion and smoking! Yeah!

Post by Spitfire »

Well the title is RELIGON & smoking. I suppose it is because you have to take it on FAITH that THEY know what they are talking about when telling you something is bad for you or addicting. :evil:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Yeah, thanks Spit, glad you cleared that up. :HatTip:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Spitfire got it. [emoji106]

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

To some who really get some kind of enjoyment from partaking nicotine it's not so much taken as a habit but more as one of life's pleasures...........as for as taking it as faith from someone else that it is habit forming....
If you've got enough common sense you most likely can make that decision for yourself.
Native American tribes combined their religious ceremonies with smoking the pipe so you could say they were having a religious experience with a little smoking added.....I doubt very seriously if the American Indian was hooked on smoking the pipe.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Maybe that is why I can put my pipe up and not smoke without it bothering me in the least. I once went for 5 years because my young sons were starting to copy my actions by "smoking" pipe shaped sticks. Anytime I'm in a house, restaurant etc I don't smoke and for the last 3 months with my granddaughter living with us I just did without. For me it is more the ritual that goes with smoking a pipe, the preparation, the lighting and then thinking on whatever is at hand. If it gets in the way of what I want to do then it becomes annoying and I put it up. Try working under a car with a pipe, it isn't pleasant. :lmao:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I have noticed that all folks who do smoke a pipe are all laid back folk....their physical actions are very deliberate and they always seem to make good sense out of their conversations.....just an observation on my part..
Makes me wonder if they are religious to a point also....
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

A friend once told me it was because keeping a pipe clamped in my teeth kept me from opening my yap and saying something stupid before I had a chance to think about it. He may have had a point. :lmao: