So, when the Apocalypse comes, what does that mean?

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

So, when the Apocalypse comes, what does that mean?

Post by YoDude »

Now according to general knowledge, it means total destruction of mankind, the world, religion, whatever. Everything is dead. According to the Bible, this happens because God returns and is unhappy with us and says, "Welp, ya'll gotta go." And suddenly He hits the lever on the toilet or what? In a nutshell, ain't that what happens?

My take is that because all this stuff has been inscribed in the bible or whatever, there's been a "conditioning" of mans brain over the years that causes him to accepts this as true, but that, it will be man himself that causes the destruction of himself and there will be no God involved in it whatsoever.
That time is growing much so nearer.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Re: So, when the Apocalypse comes, what does that mean?

Post by NE_FL »

If the human race becomes extinct as a species during an apocalyptic event, is God then out of a job and therefore rendered irrelevant?

Just askin'. :confused:

---

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The minute of your death will be your judgement day..........at that time you will be held accountable for your life. [emoji56]
In my mind that revelation of your life will be judged how you conducted yourself while you were among the living here on earth.....Your religious beliefs and practices will be of little consequence, although it may help a bit, your life spent, and all your actions towards others, will determine if you are worthy of being n God's presence forever .
In truth the religion you were brought up in is not the religion of your choice ( is it ?) I mean were you given a choice when you reached the legal age limit? I was brought up in the strictest of religions...the Catholic Faith...where even the slightest misgivings were considered a venial sin....( A a non felony so to speak where a mortal sin was a felony with serious consequences ). Growing up in my time the rules were nothing like they are now, the Catholic church has yielded to being politically correct in it's handling of the two sins........

Later on in life if I would have been given the choice of what religion I would have aspired to it would have been the Methodist Faith, of course I would not have made a decision like that as long as either my Father or Mother were still alive.

JMHO
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

98VS1400 wrote::lmao:

Your understanding of Eschatology (end times) is sorely lacking at best! It isn't my favorite topic, so I usually will avoid deep discussions on it. Like now...
...."is sorely lacking at best!" Yes I will agree with that. Perhaps I should do some reading on the subject.
I still think it'll be mans own doing that finishes us off, but if not it'll be some natural disaster, some ELE event perhaps.

Yo-

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

That may be so.....a apocalypse ending..that would be spectacular..

And it may well be when all the souls of all the living will come together for their final judgment day
In my mind the "hell" that evangelists claim will be the thought of not being able to see what God is all about...
the fortunate will be with Him and live in ecstasy the rest of their eternities

Even if it's not like that at all....I still want to live a good life...never a burden to society... and to be well thought of by friends and relatives (especially them )
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

NE_FL wrote:If the human race becomes extinct as a species during an apocalyptic event, is God then out of a job and therefore rendered irrelevant?

---
I was only half-kidding about this. What's the theology on God's retirement? If humans become extinct and there are no new souls to save or condemn, then what does God do in His free time?

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

If God "is" with or without us, without us would definitely be more boring. [emoji56]

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Eschatology, the study of, "The end of days" and other relevant meanings.

Now according to general knowledge, (or perhaps MY knowledge) it means total destruction of mankind, the world, religion, whatever. Everything is dead. Is this not true, or does it simply mean, mankind no longer exists on the planet? And without man, there is no religion, because there's no one (living) left to believe in it.

Either way, from what I can tell, all of man is dead in some fashion and at this point there are those that are saved and those that are not, regardless of the fact that all of man are gone. Some go to Heaven, the rest, well we all know about them. With this in mind does, my original remark of, "According to the Bible, this happens because God returns and is unhappy with us and says, "Welp, ya'll gotta go." And suddenly He hits the lever on the toilet or what?", suddenly doesn't hold true? Am I missing something here? Does it matter if it's God himself that presses the lever or Jesus, let us not nit-pick over it. Lets just say, it happens, somehow and we're not putting the blame on anyone for it either.

Now I already understand that when the trumpets blow and all that stuff happens that crazy crap is supposed to happen, but it's still all kinda nuts, don't ya think?

Isn't it more likely that the times are driven by religion and that the times are subliminally being focused on the "written events" described in the bible and or other teachings and that the people of the world are actually making them happen and forcing the situations rather than a Divine Entity causing these situations? I mean after all, it IS past the year 2000 and Jesus should have showed up on time...Oh yeah, I know...somewhere between 2000 and 3000, right? I mean after all, we can't just expect the Lord to show up on a specific day right? I mean he's a really busy guy! So how about with them starting to talking somewhere between the year 2000 and 3000, he'll show up. Gee, that only gives him another 1000 years to show up and during that time the bible will have been rewritten a few more times and by the time the year 3000 rolls along, it'll have been rewritten again and again and by that time it'll have been so trashed up no one will ever know the real meaning of it.

The undoing of man will be made by the hand of man and no other. Just My Personal Opinion.
I know some of you will say, "Believe what you wish", and I would repeat that same sentiment back to you as well. Let us live well and be happy no matter what we believe!

I will leave out my Muslim comments for another time.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Okay, so if there's ever a nuclear holocaust, let me know how that turns out for ya...oh yeah and did God press that button, or was it man that did it?

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I would agree with you're statements in that, no, it's not likely that ALL of man would die out in the nuclear holocaust situation, and that all that we know would in fact, will have died out. in fact, there would probably still be about 11 million people left in the world, scattered throughout that may survive it. But you're still missing the point, that man himself would be the one that causes the destruction of himself to that point, God did not launch the missiles.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

And yeah, there's gonna be something left over....and it ain't going to be something pretty with the New Creation. It's going to be misery for anyone that's left.

Yo-

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

It's really irrelevant how the human species becomes extinct. The question is when humans cease to exist does God also cease to exist, and if not then what will He be up to? And why? Just saying he "is" for all time, before, during, and after human existence is hard to accept. Yeah, I know, accept it on FAITH. But that's the easy way out, and the atheists won't be convinced by that declaration.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by NE_FL »

98VS1400 wrote:Well since you're so sure of it all, I suggest you write a book! [emoji106]
Who you talkin' to, Willis?

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Well now, it seams I've made my point [emoji476] :rock: [emoji41]

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

A 24 hour cooling period is a good idea, no? With that said..... [emoji99]

Yo-

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

NE_FL wrote:If the human race becomes extinct as a species during an apocalyptic event, is God then out of a job and therefore rendered irrelevant?

---

We are all given free will to do as we please................I don't think in an apocalyptic event He would intervene...

Fate...........Divine Will......Happenstance.....
God , as I see it, [emoji106] will be relevant at "closing time"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

98VS1400 wrote:
YoDude wrote:A 24 hour cooling period is a good idea, no? With that said..... [emoji99]

Yo-
Cool off while you can. I have a feeling your eternity might be toasty... :Umm:

My wish is to be cremated upon my death......" I'm gonna cheat the devil his due" [emoji106] :cheers: