Rules, the Bible, & How God Expects Us to Live

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Rules, the Bible, & How God Expects Us to Live

Post by YoDude »

98VS1400 wrote:...it was mentioned that God expects us to live by rules, as set forth in the Bible, and nothing more.

To be continued...
Oh boy, now ya done it....I look at this sentence and see it as blatantly obvious that.....

God, no matter what form you choose, or word you'd say, or name you might call, Him, He did not write the bible or any scripture of any kind, or sort, not even the original Ten Commandments. Lest ye not forget, the book of Genesis was written by man and no other, stating things that are supposed to be interpreted as something He has stated yet never has. The, 'Rules' were written by Man and no other and the sole purpose of the rules is probably a good thing indeed, but non the less, written by man.

He could not have said unto the people, follow the book as I have written, because it hadn't been written yet. It is more probable that man himself said unto the people, they should follow the rules of Him, as written by man, in this manual of what we think, He would want us to believe, yet still, it is that word of man that is being spread and not that of Him, Himself. And who are we to even think He has to to be Him anyway? Is it not possible that He is female? No wait! He has no sex at at all. Therefore calling Him, Him is completely incorrect as would be calling Him, Her, instead, no?

Perhaps for this reason the words, God, Lord, Savior and whatever else were brought into being? We know the Native American Indians sure thought there is, "something" to worship because they have a dance for everything imaginable. Rain dance, Sun dance, Moon dance, Crop dance, War dance. I think they probably should lay off the MaryJ and shroomies for a while and think it over. BUT! It makes them happy and gives them something to believe in, even if they delude themselves with it.

As with others, believe what you want. I'll not make mock of you for it, as it's all good by me as long as it doesn't promote hate and death, war, killing or any number of the rest of the plethora of things that are bad and evil, it must be good stuff, right?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

hmmm, makes you think doesn't it? :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

You have to apply the verses in the Bible to fit our modern way of life that we are living today. The Bible was written ages ago but it's message(s) is still the same...follow Jesus Christ
and be like Him.........has it is written:
Matthew4:19
Jesus Calls His First Disciples
Now as Jesus was walking by the Sea of Galilee, He saw two brothers, Simon who was called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.…

It's the same in the Bible...live your life as Christ like as you are able to..and follow His Ten Commandments.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

The 10 commandments were not Christ's. They were from Moses who was in training to be a Pharaoh and he adapted the rules from the Egyptian Book of the Dead to control the unruly Israelite's he lead out of Egypt.
The Old Testament is a book of history and should be treat as such. The teachings of Christ however are a totally different point of view. A good man who taught peace and forbearing unfortunately the teachings of Christ have been prostituted by different "churches" for the simple reason of control and financial gains.
I have said this before, if you want to live a good life, treat others as you would have others treat you. That, is far more difficult than it first seems to be.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Lechy wrote:I have said this before, if you want to live a good life, treat others as you would have others treat you. That, is far more difficult than it first seems to be.
[emoji41]
Which is especially difficult when some asshole is holding a big knife to your throat, screaming at you that he's going to cut off your head just because you like to look at 3/4 naked women playing beach volleyball in the summer time.....and then screaming at you that he's going to cut their heads off too because they are 3/4 naked. WTF is WRONG with those guys anyway? Oh yeah, I forgot, they are BRAINWASHED!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.