The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Larry TN »

As we therefore have opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. (Galatians 6:10)
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Doc.....I dunno, I think I'm gettin' a 'lil' tipsy.....are ya sure two doses a day is enough? :blink:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

YoDude9999 wrote:Doc.....I dunno, I think I'm gettin' a 'lil' tipsy.....are ya sure two doses a day is enough? Yo-
Timepiece said it was after 12...
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Hahahaha, carry on! :thumbup:

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

O give thanks unto the Lord; call upon His name: make known his deeds among the people.
(Psalms 105:1) KJV

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. (Galatians 6:9)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:35-36

I have been trying to find an effective way to convince someone, anyone, who doesn't realize that they have a soul which is a distinct entity apart from the body, that that soul is immortal, and will spend eternity somewhere...any suggestions for simplification?

....Yes, it's a bit early, but I am a bit old, and a bit tired, sue me, so there.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. (1 Thessalonians 5:15)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Larry TN wrote:For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:35-36

I have been trying to find an effective way to convince someone, anyone, who doesn't realize that they have a soul which is a distinct entity apart from the body, that that soul is immortal, and will spend eternity somewhere...any suggestions for simplification?

....Yes, it's a bit early, but I am a bit old, and a bit tired, sue me, so there.
Not to debunk your faith, but if there's no proof that souls are in anyway real...why should a person believe they are? :blink:

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Faith is the only reason.

O wait I'm banned from this section. Never mind carry on I wasn't here.
~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo > iphone 8
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Dunno the chapter.-cc
Matthew 7:1
Knowing the concept is way better than knowing chapter and verse, and Luke 6:37 says; Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Larry TN wrote:

Dunno the chapter.-cc
Knowing the concept is way better than knowing chapter and verse, and Luke 6:37 says; Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.
Sounds kinda political to me... Jus' sayin'

Yo-

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

YoDude9999 wrote:
Larry TN wrote:

Dunno the chapter.-cc
Sounds kinda political to me... Jus' sayin'
Yo-
That is one of the things satan told me for years and years...this is political, this is a waste, they can't even get along, these aren't the things you are looking for, move along. satan was not always a liar, but has been ever since he said he was greater than God his Creator.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
(1 Corinthians 1:13)

No to all three.
But... During the formulation of the early Christian church at Corinth in Greece, satan flexed his muscles for a losing battle in his effort to destroy the spread of the "Good News", or gospel of Jesus the Christ. Since the gospel is still being preached a couple of millennium later, I contend that the Truth is stronger than a lie. Truth and good will ultimately prevail over all else. The transition may not be pretty, but the outcome is certain.
In all fairness and objectivity, it seems that lies and liars are gaining popularity among the easily deceived and the weaker minded today, just as they were at Corinth.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:1 Corinthians 13 is the popular wedding recital the clanging cymbal etc.

-cc
I was happily married for 16 years, I have been happily divorced since 1986. The transition in fact was not a piece of cake....

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

And it came to pass, as he was alone praying, his disciples were with him: and he asked them, saying, Whom do men say that I am? (Luke 9:18)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Did not Solomon, king of Israel, sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin. (Nehemiah 13:26)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:Genesis 1:3

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

-cc
Christ is the Way to heaven, theTruth to get you there, and the LIGHT to show you the way. Without the light that God caused to be, I would still be in darkness.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

cheapcookies wrote:From Samuel 2:

When Bathsheba heard that her husband was dead, she mourned for him. After the time of mourning was over, David had her brought to his house, and she became his wife and bore him a son. But the thing David had done displeased the Lord.

-cc
2 Samuel 11:16; So while Joab was watching the town, he put Uriah in the place where it was clear to him the best fighters were. 2 Samuel 11:17; And the men of the town went out and had a fight with Joab: and a a number of David's men came to their death in the fight,and with them, Uriah the Hittite.

So, the murder of Uriah was not a clean solitary kill, but David knew what would happen when he gave Uriah his own death sentence to deliver to Joab. He must also have known that God would not allow him to keep a child from this adultery. David was forgiven much, but he suffered greatly for his sins.