The Daily Verse

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: The Daily Verse

Post by Fred »

YoDude wrote:Fred you need to leave this thread, or I'll make sure you leave.. get me?
You're getting ready for another week long vacation!

Yo-
Dude. Im sick of your threats --DO your job and stop threatening me. Im not going to tolerate this axe above my head.
Here we go again one rule for one and another for some one else,--- more threats for doing nothing.

Little Johnny ran telling tales about bad Fred?

This is the daily verse and I have posted verses from the BIBLE. --they are actual verses taken from the Bible.

Is that not OK.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

I do not agree with Johnny on his verses. I have cut and pasted--- Like he does a some notes from the Bible. Its a different point of view granted but very interesting all the same. This looks at the Bible from a different perspective,---enjoy.

Do Not Ignore The Old Testament

Thou Shall Not Ignore the Old Testament!

New Testament Verses Which Demand Following the Old Testament

Many Christians claim that the Old Testament laws do not apply to us because Jesus was the “lamb” to clear away its rules and regulations. This is just another scapegoat that Christians use to ignore the atrocities and bizarre laws commanded by their god. Their preachers spoon feed them that the Old Testament is no longer binding so that they can excuse the majority of evil that the bible promotes. I am so tired of Christians manipulating the scriptures so that they can assign a kinder nature to their God, that I have assembled a list of verses which clearly show that the Old Testament is not to be ignored. Its laws should indeed be adhered to, for the New Testament demands it!

1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be obeyed until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.

2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. “It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17 NAB)

3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

3b) “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)

3c) “Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.” (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 “Whoever curses father or mother shall die” (Mark 7:10 NAB)

5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)

6) Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: God said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with lust is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole. The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell. (Matthew 5:27)

7) Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.” This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18

8) “Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,…” (John 1:17).

9) “…the scripture cannot be broken.” –Jesus Christ, J

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Freedom Leads to Humble Service
Thursday, November 23, 2017 12:00 AM

Scripture Reading: Galatians 5:1, 13-15

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. . . . Serve one another humbly in love.
Galatians 5:1, 13

Gracious God, thank you for the freedom we have in Christ. Empower us by your Spirit to see where and whom we can serve for Jesus’ sake. Amen.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

The New Way of Love
Friday, November 24, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 4:17-5:2

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32

Spirit of God, empower us to understand more clearly your call to acts of kindness and compassion. Guide us to be forgiving and loving, like Jesus, in whose name we pray. Amen.
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Kindness, Compassion, Forgiveness
Saturday, November 25, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 4:29-5:8

Be kind and compassionate . . . forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Follow God’s example, therefore . . . and walk in the way of love. . . .
Ephesians 4:32-5:2

Forgiving Father, thank you for your love and forgiveness. Help us to show kindness and compassion to others because you’ve shown it to us. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Loving Means Submitting
Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 20:20-28

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 5:21

Lord Jesus, you call us to live in relationship with one another, but sometimes it’s so difficult. Help us see how we can serve and build up one another out of love for you. In your name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Gospel Lk 21:1-4

When Jesus looked up he saw some wealthy people
putting their offerings into the treasury
and he noticed a poor widow putting in two small coins.
He said, "I tell you truly,
this poor widow put in more than all the rest;
for those others have all made offerings from their surplus wealth,
but she, from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood."

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

To Live in God's Presence
Dear God, I know you are with me now. I know you are with me any time I call on you, or even think about you.
Let me remember, every minute of every day, that you are with me, watching me, ready to help, protecting my soul
even when the things of this world give me pain.
Let my every minute be lived in your presence. Let my every action be an offering of love to you.
Let my every word be a prayer.
Amen

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Living Means Loving
Tuesday, November 28, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: 1 Peter 4:1-11

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1 Peter 4:8-9

Lord, we want to show our love for you in all we do. Empower us with the love and warmth of your Spirit, we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

True Hospitality
Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 25:31-40

Love each other deeply. . . . Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1 Peter 4:8-9

Lord Jesus, we look forward to your coming again to live with us in your kingdom forever. In the meantime, help us to offer hospitality to others in your name. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

From the Heart
Thursday, November 30, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 5:8-21

Be filled with the Spirit. . . . Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father.
Ephesians 5:18-19

Lord Jesus, as you have loved us, help us to shine the light of your love wherever we are. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

A Shoot From a Stump
Friday, December 1, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 11:1-9

A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
Isaiah 11:1

O come, Emmanuel, and ransom your people, who mourn in lonely exile. We long for the day when you will come and set us free from sin and death forever. In your name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

In Him the Gentiles Will Hope
Saturday, December 2, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Romans 15:7-13

The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; in him the Gentiles will hope.
Romans 15:12

O Root of Jesse, during this season of Advent, draw us to you, give birth to hope in us, and show us how you can make all things new. In your name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

today-header-dec-2017-1.pngFather Abraham
Sunday, December 3, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 12:1-7

I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.
Genesis 12:2

Matthew’s record of Jesus’ family tree (Matthew 1:1-17) begins with Abraham. Why? Matthew wanted us to remember God’s promises to Abraham.

God kept his promises to Abra­ham. God will keep the promises he makes to us too. Though we don’t always see the results in our lifetime, just as Abraham didn’t, God is faithful.

Loving God, we rejoice that in Jesus your promises to Abraham came true. Help us to remember that you always keep your promises. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Laughing Sarah
Monday, December 4, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 21:1-7

Sarah said, “God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me.”
Genesis 21:6

Joy to the world—our Lord is coming!

Dear Jesus, we await the celebration of your birth with joy as we prepare our hearts for you. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Only Son Isaac
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 22:1-19

Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together.
Genesis 22:8

Thank you, Jesus, for coming to be the sacrifice that takes away our sin. Thank you for loving us so much. May we give our all to you each day. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Beloved, Comforting Rebekah
Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 24:1-16, 50-67

Isaac . . . married Rebekah. So she became his wife, and he loved her; and Isaac was comforted after his mother’s death.
Genesis 24:67

Dearest Jesus, comfort all who mourn today. Bring your peace and love into their grief. In your name we pray. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Lovely Rachel
Thursday, December 7, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 29:15-30

Laban had two daughters. . . . Leah had weak eyes, but Rachel had a lovely figure and was beautiful.
Genesis 29:16-17

Have you accepted God’s love for you? And, in return, are you sharing that love with others?
Dear God, thank you for loving us so much that you sent your Son to save us. In his name, Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Wrestling Jacob
Friday, December 8, 2017 12:00 AM
Scripture Reading: Genesis 32:22-32

Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak.
Genesis 32:24

Immanuel, you came from far beyond our reach to be with us and for us. We know that nothing can ever separate us from your love. Abide with us forever. We pray in your name. Amen.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Isaiah 30:18d
Blessed are all who wait for the Lord.