Christianity

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: Christianity

Post by Fred »

Its what makes me and all the other atheists I know atheist. Of all the religious teachings I have had to endure as a child there was nothing that stuck out so obvious as the lies deception and hypocrisy.

What is the ladder I have slipped down, the one of keeping quite or the I must agree ladder. Others talk about there religion, can I not? I even said Please!!!!

When I talk of atheism with atheists it last about 20 seconds. what is there to discuss when you both agree 100 %.

It is the difference in opinion that makes a conversation,--a little point that seems to have gone astray here.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

Just pray for Fred and leave him to his limited faculties. As far as my capabilities are concerned, you were never taught that, and have left your job description. I never worked on Sherman tanks, only M42A1, M48, M60 and looked inside an M1A1 Abrams once.
The reason I am reluctant to discuss anything with fred is that he evidently read some of the posts on IA, and came over to pick a fight. From what he said, he was treated badly in school by someone with the IQ of a pressure cooker. The mental abuse is apparent, but the physical abuse is well concealed and angry, and that anger needs to be vented against religion. I know nothing of religion, and I can't cure the cumulative effects of abuse that would cause such anger in a man. I will pray that Jesus comforts Fred, and restrains you and me from judging the conversational, or any other capabilities, of each other.

I will admit to having a low tolerance for ignorance and stupidity in grown men.
I will have to pray about that.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

That was to let fred know I was not interested in any more drivel. I do not intend to help him spew rhetoric, do you? Dust the sand off your sandals, bro, I ain't the enemy.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

You see this is where I don't get it. larry is perfectly capable of stringing a few words together very well, he shows no reluctance in having a go at me even if it is fabricated and I would like to remind him at this point that it has been noticed,--- Im not bothered.

But why oh why can he not explain the religion he is so vehemently protecting from me --an atheist that he obviously despises for even thinking of criticizing Christianity ( please notice I always say Religion) . I have to assume therefore that he cant.

You know im realy not bothered in so much as I could never loose my temper over this, Im talking on a forum that invites discussion and Christianity was on the menu!! Thats all!!

I am English ive wandered the 16 century streets of york ( the shambles) ive sat in Dick Turpins prison, Ive seen the ducking stools the fire hearth for burning witches ive seen the torture devices for heretics. Stocks for punishment still adorn some villages of Uk all wonderfully invented by the Church Of England a christian belief made immediately available by Henry 8th. All with love and caring. Its all over England.

I know very well the origins of Christianity and well aware of its cruelty, it was the British plymouth sailors that cast it into the winds of northern America.

Would you please look up the word 'bigot' Its one of my favorite words and sounds much worse than it is.

And whats with all this 'look out if I start talking religion you wont understand!!!' Well !!! ille have a go!

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Fred wrote:
I prefer to let Hollywood and DC used deceit and lies to their own ends. I have found no such deception or lies in the teachings of Christ.
Ha ha ha, Oh ho ho ho larry larry there is none so blind as those who WILL not see. I don't know if you serious or joking but a classic quote is that. Religion is the biggest lie ever told. Its the lies and deception that disgust atheists and what makes them atheists.

I started a thread on 'quotes from the bible' --I would like your opinion on that please.

OK, it is my opinion that you started that thread with the intent to argue about the meaning without knowing the meaning. I recall having read that even satan will quote scripture if it serves his purpose. That being to sow doubt, derision, deceit and division among the followers of Christ. Ask yourself who brought you here, and for what? It may well be that you are finally ready to forgive those who have wronged you in the past and get on with your life. I would be glad to help you if that is the case, at least I will try.
If you are willing, I am ready to openly discuss what John 3:16 means to you, and to me. If you would tell us what that verse means to you, adhering to that verse, you may pick the next verse for open discussion. Perhaps the one in Luke that has little or nothing to do with physical slavery.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Fred wrote:You see this is where I don't get it. larry is perfectly capable of stringing a few words together very well, he shows no reluctance in having a go at me even if it is fabricated and I would like to remind him at this point that it has been noticed,--- Im not bothered.

But why oh why can he not explain the religion he is so vehemently protecting from me --an atheist that he obviously despises for even thinking of criticizing Christianity ( please notice I always say Religion) . I have to assume therefore that he cant.

You know im realy not bothered in so much as I could never loose my temper over this, Im talking on a forum that invites discussion and Christianity was on the menu!! Thats all!!

I am English ive wandered the 16 century streets of york ( the shambles) ive sat in Dick Turpins prison, Ive seen the ducking stools the fire hearth for burning witches ive seen the torture devices for heretics. Stocks for punishment still adorn some villages of Uk all wonderfully invented by the Church Of England a christian belief made immediately available by Henry 8th. All with love and caring. Its all over England.

I know very well the origins of Christianity and well aware of its cruelty, it was the British plymouth sailors that cast it into the winds of northern America.

Would you please look up the word 'bigot' Its one of my favorite words and sounds much worse than it is.

And whats with all this 'look out if I start talking religion you wont understand!!!' Well !!! ille have a go!
I know nothing of religion, but people keep saying that it is a shady practice.

Christians never burned one person at any stake. They never stoned anyone for adultery, or buggered an alter boy. You are referring to people who took the Lord's "name in vain", saying they were Christian, when they were in fact Protestant, or Catholic, or some other denomination. I am not a Christian, but I know how to become one. If you prefer to believe a lie, who am I to tell you the truth? Did you approach mechanical work or riding with the same negativity?

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

BIGOT, n. One who is obstinately and zealously attached to an opinion that you do not entertain.

Mr. Bierce has been dead for nigh on to a hunnert years now, courtesy of Pancho Villa, it is believed. If you get the chance to read "An occurrence at owl creek bridge", it is early sci fi that Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. said was the best ever written. He also defined;

CHRISTIAN, n. One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbor.
One who follows the teachings of Christ in so far as they are not inconsistent with a life of sin.

Many people accept these offerings by Ambrose Bierce as the true meaning, and never see the need to look past these clever and amusing bits from a newspaper writer who was wounded twice in the "civil" war, a minor wound to his heel, and another wound to his head. There is not enough spirituality in his writing to draw me back to it now, although I have a softbound copy of his short stories published about 1920.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

I do believe your beginning to enjoy yourself Larry, and no Christians never burned a person at a stake they burned 3 at a time. Look it up.

The opening scene of Elizabeth depicts this . Ive seen the place they did it. I live in the country that made the Christianity you're devoted to and you are wrong. You are living the emotional drama and plausibility of it only.

We --the people who made it have given it up --Churches are sold off and made into bars or 1 dollar markets ,, Its ok you can give it up . Its ok Folks the show is over --you can all go home now.

You still got long hair and hipster trousers , Its over.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Fred wrote:I do believe your beginning to enjoy yourself Larry, and no Christians never burned a person at a stake they burned 3 at a time. Look it up.

The opening scene of Elizabeth depicts this . Ive seen the place they did it. I live in the country that made the Christianity you're devoted to and you are wrong. You are living the emotional drama and plausibility of it only.

We --the people who made it have given it up --Churches are sold off and made into bars or 1 dollar markets ,, Its ok you can give it up . Its ok Folks the show is over --you can all go home now.

master graham,
You avoided John 3:16. One more chance to start that discussion or back in the silence pen. You are having trouble hiding your disdain for Christ, who do you serve?
During the reformation, in one day the catholics burned 3 protesters, and the protesters burned 3 romish.
Those were not CHRISTIANS, they were PROTESTANTS and CATHOLICS calling themselves CHRISTIANS. Merry old Angland has been steeped in, and confused about religion for a couple of millenium now. The practice of aquiring real estate by accusation of witchcraft followed the Pilgrims from the Netherlands to America. At any rate, a CHRISTIAN would not kill.
Look at your schoolmaster, did you call him a CHRISTIAN? He sounds more like a religious man doing a job poorly...and you, freddie, just another brick in the wall. You were surely robbed of a spiritual education, and some self esteem along the way. A pity. Do you still drink a lot?
Pray for your schoolmaster, if he is alive. Forgive him if he is dead.
FYI, CHRIST will decide when the show is over.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

I do believe-----that you are certainly set in your ways in the face of all the evidence. I was warned.

If----if I were to meet god,---if I were to some how wake up after being reduced to carbon ashes and some how my brain could function and all memory re instated ( let me just have a little giggle :lmao: ) god would say to me ' Fred come here' he would put his arm round me and say.---Fred you did what you were supposed to do, you did not harm others , you did not jump queues or push others aside, you helped others for no payment you did not spoil the land and you loved your mother and Father. But most of all Fred you did this for no other reason than your own, you did not do these things from fear of me, you did not pray to me every day asking to win the lottery or help to get rid of your next door neighbour. Most people here did nothing for them selves and blamed me when it went wrong, they pray for every thing and more they even prayed for you but you were strong you stood on your own feet and lived a life to the best of your ability, I could not ask more of you. Come and sit next to me and I will wash your feet, would you like a cup of tea. Of course I would accept a cup of tea.

Then god would look over to a wretched cloaked figure stooped low and limped on one foot and god would shout loudly MOHAMED 2 teas quick jeldy jeldy.

( jeldy jeldy means in arabic quickly)

We would then sit an chat and look down at the sniveling believers on there knees praying and praying for a new car or the mortgage to go away and for god to clear a spot on a face--pathetic really.

Does that sound like what your thinking Larry?

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Larry TN wrote:
Fred wrote:I do believe your beginning to enjoy yourself Larry, and no Christians never burned a person at a stake they burned 3 at a time. Look it up.

master graham,
You avoided John 3:16. One more chance to start that discussion or back in the silence pen. You are having trouble hiding your disdain for Christ, who do you serve?
During the reformation, in one day the catholics burned 3 protesters, and the protesters burned 3 romish.
Those were not CHRISTIANS, they were PROTESTANTS and CATHOLICS calling themselves CHRISTIANS. Merry old Angland has been steeped in, and confused about religion for a couple of millenium now. The practice of aquiring real estate by accusation of witchcraft followed the Pilgrims from the Netherlands to America. At any rate, a CHRISTIAN would not kill.
Look at your schoolmaster, did you call him a CHRISTIAN? He sounds more like a religious man doing a job poorly...and you, freddie, just another brick in the wall. You were surely robbed of a spiritual education, and some self esteem along the way. A pity. Do you still drink a lot?
Pray for your schoolmaster, if he is alive. Forgive him if he is dead.
FYI, CHRIST will decide when the show is over.
Sorry Larry.....Man himself will decide when the show is over. If there's anyone left, Jesus is in for mop up duty at best.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

Where is the smiley face? The big grin? Man will no more decide when the show is over than man caused global warming. Humans are not in control here, never were, never will be. What next, do you think Darwin was right to rush a lie into publication in anger?
Sorry isn't really the proper word. Is this the voice of atheism or agnosticism? Humanism? Nihilism?

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

WHAT!!!!! you don't beleive Darwins evolution. You think a god made worms and mosquitos. Its a beautiful explanation of how the eyes on a butterflies wings evolve and perfectly understandable, they teach it in kids school and they can understand it. Even the use of fast evolution of the big beak finch and small beak finch that die out and evolve back again depending the seasons rain making big seeds or little seeds. Cant teach an olde dog new tricks eh larry.
OK ;IDunno: Im done --this is more serious than I thought. Im not a Doctor I cant help Larry, just sorry you've wasted your life just do me a favour please don't force this on children just leave them be eh?

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club

Post by Larry TN »

John 3:16

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Hey larry-- Sorry buddy but I sold my soul. I got a good deal for it considering it was worthless. I think all your praying for me got me did not help . The devil knew I was a lost cause,---- I think that's what you called me. He can tune in you know.

Whats this john-- whats is name -- Oh mate I don't do that stuff, can you start with out me,?-- i promise I will chip in if it gets interesting.

In the mean time don't forget to kill some innocent animal such as a turkey for for ceremonial consumption on the 25 Dec. Im sure no one will notice that it is killing because it is Christ mas.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

There's a Devil?

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

He is the red one

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Oh my! :OhNo; Is there something I need to know? I figure I'm doing okay as it is. :big grin:

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

He sits on bugs bunnies left shoulder

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Oh that ain't worth sh!t, it's only a cartoon after all.

Yo-