Quotes from the bible

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Quotes from the bible

Post by Fred »

Ive been accused of trolling and being indicative of a person without integrity. I have been asked why dont I go away and make my own topic. To all those kind and helful people I have started this,--quotes from the bible.

It is genuine quotes from the bible that anyone can see not my own fabrication. It is my opinion and you do NOT have to post anything at all. These quotes are the one you're not supposed to read, the ones the teacher puts a big red line through --DONT READ THIS BIT.

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

There is some crackers coming up about rape and killing mens wifes and children. isnt it nice

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Re: Quotes from the Evil Bible

Post by Fred »

The following passage describes the sickening practice of sex slavery. How can anyone think it is moral to sell your own daughter as a sex slave?

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

So these are the Bible family values! A man can buy as many sex slaves as he wants as long as he feeds them, clothes them, and screws them!

What does the Bible say about beating slaves? It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don't die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You would think that Jesus and the New Testament would have a different view of slavery, but slavery is still approved of in the New Testament, as the following passages show.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Quotes from the bible

Post by Jolsen »

Gratz you'd cans cNp datz sos hardz

~Jols3n
via Tapatalk on Droid Turbo
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

Those are not the teachings of Christ, freddie boy. That was the law. You might want to read the gospels before you hurt yourself eternally. Are you a fan of Oscar Wilde?
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Post by Larry TN »

Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? Acts 11:17
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Larry TN wrote:Those are not the teachings of Christ, freddie boy. That was the law. You might want to read the gospels before you hurt yourself eternally. Are you a fan of Oscar Wilde?
Larry larry larry there was no law in those days, we have only had the police for 150 years. Religion was the law, it the only reason for its existance, policing. It is in the book , the book that Christians adhere to in every detail. This book is what you swear to in court :lmao:
Ok so you want quotes where god said. Ok stand by.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Im tired cheapo --you win :bang: here ille give you some smileys to help with communication ;IDunno:

I give up :bow: :bonk:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

@ Fred. Although the quotes you mention above are in fact in the Bible, I wonder why it is you feel you need to try to make a point out of it by posting them. I can only surmise your intent is to do nothing more than rant and rave on about your disdain for the Bible itself. You have already duly noted such disdain on at least one other thread, so that point has been taken into consideration by the other members.

One thing I can tell you is, you're not ever going to change anyone's thinking about how or what they believe in on this board by posting quotes from the Bible or any other teachings. If your intent is to try to sway a persons beliefs to that of a non- believer, it just isn't going to happen, so there's no point in going down that road at all. The only thing you'll eventually end up doing is posting to an audience of one (yourself) because everyone will simply ignore you.

The administration was very tempted to drop the 'Ban Hammer' on you and *poof* your butt out of here. Since then they've seen you mostly behaving by keeping your posts in the proper sections, not being unruly to the other members, and not abusing them. My advice to you would be to please keep it that way.

Now, here's a thought. How about trying out something different than the religious stuff?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Very nice, a very interesting post. I have become aware not only with your comment that you are the administrator but from reading other forums. I am impressed that you don't add this to you name above. Impressing modesty.

The axe has been removed !! well that is comforting and I would like to say you are the only person that seems to read my posts correctly. I do not intend to change any one beliefs infact to be honest I would harbour a certain amount of guilt if I did so.

I am very pleased you ratified the quotes as actually existing , I thought this might be a problem getting people to look. Perhaps a few might have said wow I did not know that stuff was there.

I just want to make aware that believers may not be correct and I honestly feel sorry for them. The quotes form the bible was to show the utter hypocrisy of this book they clutch to their chest .

As far as give up,--well I have already seriously considered that, it is not my lifes quest to destroy believers but ide hate to think some were wasting there lives afraid of believing something else and it really is Ok to beleive nothing at all,--like all the other animals on the planet.

The muslims have less chance of converting an athiest than a Christian, just because im a none believer does not mean im wandering looking for something.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

God most definitely did not write those words, man did,--a god fearing man. Thing is that they are so horrendously awful don't they cast a shadow over the rest of the book. In our society today we have courts of law, if the bible were to be put on trial these quotes (and their are many more) would cast such doubt on the integrity of it that is would be thrown out in minutes.

Its a case of don't look at that bit and its Ok. It either ok or its not.

But yes it is a big picture and comprehensive in so much that it is a mish mash of quotes and little stories with no authority or approval all gathered and translated again and again and we end up with that!!

Im willing to accept that a Man called Jesus walked the Earth, he was a carpenter he even had a child. He was probably a bit smarter than most ( not difficult in those day of disease and head lice) and got a bit above himself with tricks and illusions.

He was born in Africa and was an Arab and probably black. All Christians depict him as Caucasian, very unlikely.

The Python team made the 'Life of Brian' depicting perfectly in my eyes the probability.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Good debates are always welcome.

Some of our members don't want to see these conversations/discussions/debates where they frequent looking for things that are completely non religious in nature.

This is why we have this section of the board as part of a whole including the other sections. So long as they don't turn into fire and brimstone name calling disrespectful pissing contests, or dissing any deity, religious chatter between members is allowed in this section. Calling another persons beliefs or the Bible, 'garbage' is considered borderline disrespect, just don't do it. There are other ways to make your point. For instance, 'unbelievable' is a much better word to use than garbage, or trash. You get the point, I'm sure.

If it overflows out to other sections of the board, it will be dealt with, one way or another.

Respecting these few simple things will help make this board a great place to be. Respecting peoples feelings will help even more.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.