There Is Hope for The Atheist among us ... :-)

Discuss these subjects at your own risk!
You may find your way to Eden or the garden of Hell!
I will NOT be responsible for where you might end up!
Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

There Is Hope for The Atheist among us ... :-)

Post by Designer »

See?.....there's IS HOPE for Fred. :clap: [space] He's 66 now,...only 19 years to go and he will ..."Get It". [emoji106]

Former Australian Politician Gives Life to Christ at 85 After Lifetime of Atheism
By Isa Cox October 21, 2018
Never underestimate someone’s ability to have a significant paradigm shift…even in their golden years! We tend to think of the elderly as firmly set in their ways, but even at 85, one former Australian politician recently learned it’s never too late to make a change.

Former Governor General of Australian, Bill Hayden, was a declared atheist most of his lifetime, but, after being influenced by several Catholics in his life, has been baptized into the Catholic Faith.
The Catholic Leader reports:

“This took too long, and now I am going to be devoted.

“From this day forward I’m going to vouch for God,” Mr Hayden told The Catholic Leader as he prepared to be welcomed into the Church at St Mary’s Church, Ipswich, west of Brisbane, on September 9.

Fr Dillon said he felt a “real closeness” with the former Australian leader as he baptised him.

“It was a big thing for him … an act of submission to the fact that there was no denying for him that God is real and he had come to discover that,” he said.

Mr Hayden attributed his conversion to the influence of his own mother, who was Catholic, and of the Ursuline Sisters, who taught him at primary school in inner-city Brisbane, and who stressed the principles of humanity, social commitment and service to others.

However, it was a recent hospital visit to see Sister of Mercy Angela Mary Doyle that proved the pivotal moment in Mr Hayden’s faith journey.

“I have always felt embraced and loved by her Christian example,” Mr Hayden said, of the 93-year-old, who has been a lifelong inspiration of service to him, and who was among the congregation at the baptism.

“Sister Angela Mary Doyle was for twenty-two years administrator of Mater hospitals in Brisbane – a citadel of health care for the poor of South Brisbane where I grew up towards the end of the Great Depression,” he wrote in a letter to friends before the baptism.

If you ever feel a hesitance sharing the Gospel, explaining your conservative views, or having conversations about controversial issues with people who feel differently about them than you do, remember this man.

If an 85-year-old can renounce a lifetime of atheism, anyone is capable of changing their deeply-held views when presented with new information or experiences.

Or simply based on how they’re treated by those whose beliefs are different.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: There Is Hope for The Atheist among us ... :-)

Post by hillsy »

All the clever Catholics know that you can live a life of debauchery as long as you accept God on your deathbed.

Well done Bill [emoji106]

KAJUN
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: HARLEY THE BIG MOTHER

Re: There Is Hope for The Atheist among us ... :-)

Post by KAJUN »

Whether you confess and confirm mid life or at the end of your life...does it matter when or where?

When is the right time to make amends with your Maker?
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.