UN F'N BELIEVABLE

Keep it civil
Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: UN F'N BELIEVABLE

Post by Lechy »

@ T.
Successful? I never give it a thought. What I am, is contented, I neither want nor need more than we already have.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Lechy wrote:@ T.
Successful? I never give it a thought. What I am, is contented, I neither want nor need more than we already have.

Some words of wisdom from Stanley Holloway:

[youtube][/youtube]

:lmao:
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Tbeck wrote:Good advice RK
I appreciate you saying so, Tbeck. Big time.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:Herb, actually she said the same things that YOU have been saying throughout your posts. Merit based belief's, and a ladder to success are false narrative.
Funny but I was glancing at everyone's response and thinking that folk's read the op ed piece and didn't actually take the time to consider what the PROFESSOR was saying. INSTEAD they took the BAIT so neatly placed before them. This piece is very similar to the one I posted about grades, in fact the same except that I left out the race baiting portion. Read the responses and you'll have to conclude that the professor, nailed this, and folk's here got sucked into the agenda for race baiting.
Lechy, I wouldn't and don't evaluate myself on that level. I look forward to new opportunities each day, and as such have what I need. That is neither success or failure, or it could be either.
It makes little sense to pat yourself on the back, or beat yourself up over vague terminology. How about you?
No it isn't the same thing.

Without the hard work, there is nothing to satisfy the soul. I guess that some people CAN find a kind of satisfaction in theft, cheating people/the system, and begging. But teaching them that it is OK doesn't make much sense for society in general.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, you just AGREED with her AGAIN!
She didn't say don't work hard, she said get rid of merit based incentives. You know, "everyone gets a trophy"?
So what's there to disagree with since you've bashed that practice loads of times?

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Tbeck wrote:Herb, you just AGREED with her AGAIN!
She didn't say don't work hard, she said get rid of merit based incentives. You know, "everyone gets a trophy"?
So what's there to disagree with since you've bashed that practice loads of times?
No, I didn't agree with her. She says that teaching that the way to success is hard work is wrong. No matter what a person does, unless they are thieves, cheats or beggars, it takes hard work to be successful. Teaching otherwise is making the deadbeats. And that is what is wrong with the "participation trophy" idea.

Your readding comprehension is sorely lacking.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Who gives a fuck its just another stupid academic looking for a legacy or some other crap to get her name in the papers.

I ain't gonna loose sleep over the silly cow,---

Shes just covering her embarrassment for being a lazy bitch or being paid too much.

Humans are like sausages.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, no she didn't. Read it again SLOOOOWLY. This time read ALL of her explanation, and not what you want her to say.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

wally w wrote: This could explain some of the losses the University of Oklahoma suffered.
[emoji2] I don't know anything else about the guy, or football in general, so I'll just assume that's funny! [emoji106]