Subway...and today's work ethic

Keep it civil
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Subway...and today's work ethic

Post by DevilsFan »

Went to grab a sandwich tonight at Subway. As I walked in there were two customers before me. Then a guy came in after me. There were two employees working when the one "kid" told the girl he was taking his break.
We waited forever for this poor girl to make the first customer 2 sandwiches because the customer was a wacko! (Acted as if he never saw a sub sandwich before and couldn't make up his mind on anything!)

When I finally get my sub I sit down to see this "kid" texting away on his cell phone. In the meantime, 3 more customers walked in, one with a 3 sub order. Kid still sits there, watching all the customers. Never once getting up to help this poor girl out.

Finally, when the last person walked in, this "kid" gets up and starts back to work. And this female customer who was waiting throughout my entire dining, asked for her first sub, a meatball, and the "kid" says they have no more meatballs! :hellfire:

I am very disgusted in these kids, more with their parents. There are so many that are just ...lazy, I guess. Seems like nobody teaches them customer service or how to work hard to get ahead.

***On a side note, last weekend at the Cracker Barrel, I just got my food served to me and my girlfriend when...SMASH...this old guy goes down about 4 tables from me. ONE WAITRESS went to help him!!! ONE!!! This guy is laying on the tile floor, between 4 tables, and NO ONE was helping him!!!
I got up immediately and got to him. At the time I wasn't sure if he was having a heart attack, or if he broke a leg/hip/arm. I secured his head, went through the motions, got a napkin from someone to wipe the blood that was dripping into his eye, talked with him and told someone to call 911.
People were actually put-off that their dinning experience was interrupted!!!
The table where the man fell had a family of four (dad, mom, teenage boy and girl). My GF who came over to help said she heard the dad tell his son to just sit down and finish his mean and that they were leaving! :hellfire:

Anyway, that's my rant.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

HARRIS
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS 800- HONDA VALKYRIE- MAGNA

Re: Subway...and today's work ethic

Post by HARRIS »

I FIND MYSELF KEEP SAYING ...

THE MORE PEOPLE I SEE, THE MORE I LIKE MY DOG
Luck & Experience:
You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Some people are just like a rabid dog and need to be shot. :OhNo; [space] :XmasTree:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

I've been to every subway in town and most are like you described. I stopped by the one near my house to grab a sandwich before I headed out of town once. It was 11:00 am and they only had a half dozen loaves of bread. No white , no wheat and no ice tea...

I finally found a good one close to where I work. I go there enough the girl behind the counter recognizes me and knows what I order.
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

It isn't just the kid's. Wife and I will often stop at a Subway when off riding for the day. Old, young, middle age, their employees don't seem to care a bit about customer service.
There was a viral YouTube video posted to Facebook that someone showed me. Dude is laid out on sidewalk and more than 5 minutes with people walking around the downed guy before one finally stops to assist the guy. Great society we live in.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Litigation and companies that'll dump yer ass in a heartbeat has affected employee loyalty.

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

I guess we have a good Subway here. Always friendly and get the subs out fast.

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

BoDog wrote: I guess we have a good Subway here. Always friendly and get the subs out fast.
Little story... [emoji2]

Back a few years ago, my wife, young grandson and I were taking a shortcut through 'The States' (that's what we call it when we cross the border) to Montreal. We left home quite early, and were somewhere in Maine when it was getting about time to have something to eat. I pulled off the road and went into some town, dunno which. Drove around looking for some place to have a quick breakfast. Wasn't a whole lot available around there...

Stopped in the parking lot of a little strip mall where there was a Subway. Parked, walked over guessing maybe we'd just get some sandwiches or whatever. Tried the door... locked. Oh well. Turned and started walking back to the car. A few steps away, a woman opens the door and calls out to us. I say we were just looking for some breakfast, she says well come on in and I'll rustle something up. She wasn't open yet, but took us inside and fed us a nice little breakfast with a smile. I never forgot that. It was a nice gesture, and left me with a good feeling about America.

Granted, she wasn't a kid, but I don't know if the corporate culture would have empowered a younger person to take on that sort of responsibility...

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

I went to a McDonalds a few years ago where I noticed there were food two lines. There was a line to my right with two customers in line, but the line on the left only had one. I got into that line. After about a minute I realized the person in front of me wasn't ordering anything. Apparently he was the girl's boyfriend and they were just making small talk. I waited for another minute or so ... still talking. I decided I would wait until she acknowledges me just to see how long it would take. Eventually someone in the other line spoke up and said, "Hey, aren't you going to take this gentleman's order?" She then looked past her boyfriend, acknowledged me and asked if she could take my order in an apologetic voice. I answered no and explained that I just wanted to see how long she'd pretend to not see me. Then I walked out.
lovineveryminuteofit

Yooper
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: VN2000 Kaw

Post by Yooper »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:I went to a McDonalds a few years ago where I noticed there were food two lines. There was a line to my right with two customers in line, but the line on the left only had one. I got into that line. After about a minute I realized the person in front of me wasn't ordering anything. Apparently he was the girl's boyfriend and they were just making small talk. I waited for another minute or so ... still talking. I decided I would wait until she acknowledges me just to see how long it would take. Eventually someone in the other line spoke up and said, "Hey, aren't you going to take this gentleman's order?" She then looked past her boyfriend, acknowledged me and asked if she could take my order in an apologetic voice. I answered no and explained that I just wanted to see how long she'd pretend to not see me. Then I walked out.
A few years ago is way past time to complain, no? Did you talk to the store manager when it happened?

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Yooper wrote:
SuzyRidr2 wrote:I went to a McDonalds a few years ago where I noticed there were food two lines. There was a line to my right with two customers in line, but the line on the left only had one. I got into that line. After about a minute I realized the person in front of me wasn't ordering anything. Apparently he was the girl's boyfriend and they were just making small talk. I waited for another minute or so ... still talking. I decided I would wait until she acknowledges me just to see how long it would take. Eventually someone in the other line spoke up and said, "Hey, aren't you going to take this gentleman's order?" She then looked past her boyfriend, acknowledged me and asked if she could take my order in an apologetic voice. I answered no and explained that I just wanted to see how long she'd pretend to not see me. Then I walked out.
Did you talk to the store manager when it happened?
No. I've never complained to a restaurant manager in my life. If I get bad service, I go some place else. It's usually a long period of time before I go back too.
lovineveryminuteofit

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

I hear that. Kids working as cashiers can't even make change! They are fully dependent on the readout. If the bill comes to say, 16.11, and you give them $21.25, the look so puzzled, like "why is he doing that?"

When I'm in the city, and I see someone down, if the person is awake I yell, "has anyone called 911" and wait for yes before I move on *there's usually a small crowd". If the person isn't responsive, I'm ready for hands only CPR (how you do it now).

That's pretty sick that no one else in that Cracker Barrel got up to help. Nuts.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

MattSunn wrote:Litigation and companies that'll dump yer ass in a heartbeat has affected employee loyalty.

Pretty much nailed it there. Sue happy US society...you can get sued for helping. I've even seen companies fire employees for stopping a robbery.

'Murica. Dumbed down sue happy sheeple.
-DBTO

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

:funnylast:

BoDog
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: None anymore

Post by BoDog »

Cuban wrote:
BoDog wrote: I guess we have a good Subway here. Always friendly and get the subs out fast.
Little story... [emoji2]

Back a few years ago, my wife, young grandson and I were taking a shortcut through 'The States' (that's what we call it when we cross the border) to Montreal. We left home quite early, and were somewhere in Maine when it was getting about time to have something to eat. I pulled off the road and went into some town, dunno which. Drove around looking for some place to have a quick breakfast. Wasn't a whole lot available around there...

Stopped in the parking lot of a little strip mall where there was a Subway. Parked, walked over guessing maybe we'd just get some sandwiches or whatever. Tried the door... locked. Oh well. Turned and started walking back to the car. A few steps away, a woman opens the door and calls out to us. I say we were just looking for some breakfast, she says well come on in and I'll rustle something up. She wasn't open yet, but took us inside and fed us a nice little breakfast with a smile. I never forgot that. It was a nice gesture, and left me with a good feeling about America.

Granted, she wasn't a kid, but I don't know if the corporate culture would have empowered a younger person to take on that sort of responsibility...

Very cool! [emoji106]