Indicator Lights

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Indicator Lights

Post by JamesC »

Two of my indicator lights stopped working, the high beam and the turn signal indicators. Oil and Neutral still light up, thank God. The turn signal light was dim since I bought this bike, I couldn't see it working during daylight. So I assume there are separate bulbs for each indicator. Is it difficult to access them, or I can just do without them; any thoughts?

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Re: Indicator Lights

Post by Lechy »

You have an earthing problem by the sound of things. Check your bulbs first then clean up all earthing connections. The flasher repeater on your idiot board is connected to both left and right side indicators.
[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I ran mine for over a year with none of them working. The bulbs are seperate, and they are little tiny things that cost a about $3 each, besides being a pain to change.
The only real problem was not having a neutral light.
When my speedo started reading 90mph at an idle in 2nd gear, I changed the whole thing out and put the whole panel off of an '82 Suzuki 250 on it. I wired in the lights so that I now have a turn signal light for each direction, instead of the stupid single light. I also used the ignition switch and moved it to between the handlebars and the speedo. I had been running for over 3 years with just a toggle switch for an ignition switch.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by JamesC »

I ran mine for over a year with none of them working. The bulbs are seperate, and they are little tiny things that cost a about $3 each, besides being a pain to change.
If they are a pain to change, I can live without them. The high beam is completely gone, turn signal works intermittently. As long as I have my neutral light, I can live with it.

Leckbass
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: 1992 Intruder 1400

Post by Leckbass »

Anyone know what type of bulbs are in the idiot lights? Was thinking bout replacing them with brighter LEDs?

Tai
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: VS1400 Intruder

Post by Tai »

this one: http://www.consumabulbs.com/files/bdet.php?id=90
but normal LED won't work for signals. They are connected to + of each side and grounded through inactive side. You must use bidirectional led light there.

Leckbass
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: 1992 Intruder 1400

Post by Leckbass »

I meant led idiot lights

Krash IA
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: S83

Post by Krash IA »

superbrite leds.com

you have to file a little bit of plastic off the leds but no biggiie.