My bike has the stalls

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Re: My bike has the stalls

Post by Fred »

tupinambis wrote:So I take it that it's a fair assumption to say that Fred is against shimming... :evil:
Im not against it --go ahead , but it will not get what you want. Popping is weak --stalling is rich only the idle circuit is alive at zero throttle. How can you adjust for that. You cant --shimming the spring makes it stronger so it takes more vacuum to get the valve to work. :bonk: A weaker spring would be better.

The manual has some great pictures showing the very simple circuitry of the idle mix system and how the decel /coast valve alter idle mix along with a simple explanation. How can anyone read that and then say i'lle shim up the spring. Some one on the other intruder forum said it was so and everyone turned into sheep.

tupinambis
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2002 Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by tupinambis »

Fred wrote:
tupinambis wrote:So I take it that it's a fair assumption to say that Fred is against shimming... :evil:
Im not against it --go ahead , but it will not get what you want. Popping is weak --stalling is rich only the idle circuit is alive at zero throttle. How can you adjust for that. You cant --shimming the spring makes it stronger so it takes more vacuum to get the valve to work. :bonk: A weaker spring would be better.

The manual has some great pictures showing the very simple circuitry of the idle mix system and how the decel /coast valve alter idle mix along with a simple explanation. How can anyone read that and then say i'lle shim up the spring. Some one on the other intruder forum said it was so and everyone turned into sheep.

Oh my...

Theo
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Theo »

Do you have the new springs in Your carbs?

Theo
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Theo »

:clap: that is good to hear.

Kjell71
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Suzuki VS1400 Intruder

Post by Kjell71 »

For me it was the stock CDI that made my bike stall. Never happened again after I installed a Dyna 3000. [emoji106]