Fuel line replacement

LSU Tiger
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2000 VS 800 Intruder

Fuel line replacement

Post by LSU Tiger »

My fuel line leaked at the petcock. I cut it off and reinstalled. However, I need to replace the line. Are there three lines that need replacing. I already have hose 13683-38E01. I also bought hose from the local NAPA for the line from the petcock to the tee. Do I need 13683-38B01 also. See link below. How difficult are these hoses to replace? I have a 2000 VS800 Intruder with 73,000 miles. Thanks.
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/200 ... #sch254915

LSU Tiger
Studying MC Handbook

Re: Fuel line replacement

Post by LSU Tiger »

Does the fuel line go to the fuel pump from the petcock? Then from the fuel pump two lines to the carburetors? Thanks.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Post by WintrSol »

Standard routing is one line from the petcock to the pump input. One line from the pump output to the rear carb. One line from the rear carb to the front carb. The routing is in the service manual, linked above.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

LSU Tiger
Studying MC Handbook

Post by LSU Tiger »

I removed the gas tank today and looked at the routing of all three fuel lines. I decided not to replace any of the lines at this time.Thanks for your help.

B_Roost450f
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 1993 VS800

Post by B_Roost450f »

I am needing to replace my fuel lines as well and have been poking around at whats available, being as replacement OEM lines are quite expensive. The stuff you buy from the auto stores is too thick, so I don't want that line. I was looking for something closer to stock that I can get by the foot when I ran into this:

Looks like a guy who works on intruders found this stuff and is now selling it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161977490382?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

B_Roost450f wrote:I am needing to replace my fuel lines as well and have been poking around at whats available, being as replacement OEM lines are quite expensive. The stuff you buy from the auto stores is too thick, so I don't want that line. I was looking for something closer to stock that I can get by the foot when I ran into this:

So did you buy the lines and did they work? Also how many feet do you need for a vs1400?

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

hmm, I had a small leak at the petcock so I bought some fuel line at O'Reilly's and just replaced the line from the tank to the fuel pump. Maybe I need to look at it again and see if the other lines are good? :OhNo;
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

B_Roost450f
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 1993 VS800

Post by B_Roost450f »

sgtcall wrote:
B_Roost450f wrote:I am needing to replace my fuel lines as well and have been poking around at whats available, being as replacement OEM lines are quite expensive. The stuff you buy from the auto stores is too thick, so I don't want that line. I was looking for something closer to stock that I can get by the foot when I ran into this:

So did you buy the lines and did they work? Also how many feet do you need for a vs1400?
I have 7 feet in my cart, I'm planning on getting enough to do both my Intruders, I'm hoping thats more than enough? But no, I haven't done it yet. I'll definitely come back and report on the quality. From what I can see it looks like the smaller diameter, grayish black super strong stuff that comes stock.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Told this one before. When I had my 1996 1400 allso had other bikes as usual. My 1993 Harley was next to it in the barn.As I went in to roll one out got a small gas smell. Looked the older,higher mile Harley over and could find no leak? Around three days later when my bare finger was on the petcock of the 1400 felt a wet drop of gas! It was getting a drop ever so often.Said sorry to the FLST [emoji2] .After looking 1400 over good it was the petcock it self. Told the friend/dealer and he told me to bring it in as had one in stock. He was behind and had worked at the place a few hours a week way back so told him I would put on at home.
It was still under warranty so he just gave it to me.A month or two later they had a recall on them and my bike was in it.May be still on if they do not run out? Sad but lots of dealers do not check or keep up on recalls if not a big one.