cutting in and out while running down the road

Intruder26
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Suzuki VS800

cutting in and out while running down the road

Post by Intruder26 »

Im having a issue with my vs800 cutting in and out going down the road while im just cruising and when taking off it will cut in and out. when i get in higher rpm range the bike will do alright and not cut out. i have changed the plugs, check charging system, changed the coil packs out, checked the fuel pump out and its pumping fuel. im running out of patience lol.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Re: cutting in and out while running down the road

Post by WintrSol »

Do you have the stock battery, and have you checked the battery connections? On some of these, the bolts that hold the little brass blocks in the battery terminals, and also hold the battery cables, are about 1 thread too long, so they bottom out before actually tightening down the connections. Solution: star washers, inside or outside teeth. They take up the extra bolt length, and make sure the connections stay tight.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

Lechy
FLAT TIRE!
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Also, drain your carbs and check for water.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Post by Swcoinguy »

Depending on how familiar you are with this or any carb'ed bike, it may be in need of a sync. Some times the surging at steady cruise can feel like the engine cutting out and a bad sync will definitely give you fits when trying to take off. Wide open throttle or high RPM's will sometimes hide the unequal vacuum in the carbs so it may not be as noticeable then.