Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: WOW Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Tbeck wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:44 pm
I don't like the seat

Nor the bars...and from where I'm sitting, there's something missing :evil: :lmao: :cheers:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Kickstands are over rated. :cheers: :lmao:

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

SJ, agreed, but I do like the pipes :ShitGrinandThumb:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Harley's new models. One is priced at $51K. Chump change.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/h ... 20Combined
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:09 pm

Typical Revzilla, for typical Revzilla readers. The comments sound like a typical IA thread of snarky remarks “chump change” led by the predictable DF. It’s not a Harley crowd that reads Revzilla, so the comments amount to mostly prejudiced ignorance. I will, as a Harley person, admit that I do not like any of the bikes featured in the link above. Not my style. But, what do I know, I’m hardly your typical Revzilla reader.
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Come on Gang.... :bonk: If it has two or three wheels it's a motorcycle. Give it a rest :cheers:

On some Friday's with good weather of course ,I have in my possession our beloved Retiree Ride list.
We ride to different locations throughout the state and occasionally we head to Texas just for kicks, I have to be honest but most of the riders, 65% ride our beloved Harley's. Most of those have rode Harley's all or part of their lives and half of them rode Metrics for a spell or too.
On a recent ride we had a Goldie, a Kawasaki 2000 Vulcan, a BMW and a 1300 Honda and four Harleys.
Some are new riders and the rest are old timers like myself, most are really retired from work and the very few that ride with us are still paying our SS benefits for us...That's what we keep telling them anyway :lmao:
And we all get along fine thank you :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Suzuki Johnny wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:27 am
Come on Gang.... :bonk: If it has two or three wheels it's a motorcycle. Give it a rest :cheers:

On some Friday's with good weather of course ,I have in my possession our beloved Retiree Ride list.
We ride to different locations throughout the state and occasionally we head to Texas just for kicks, I have to be honest but most of the riders, 65% ride our beloved Harley's. Most of those have rode Harley's all or part of their lives and half of them rode Metrics for a spell or too.
On a recent ride we had a Goldie, a Kawasaki 2000 Vulcan, a BMW and a 1300 Honda and four Harleys.
Some are new riders and the rest are old timers like myself, most are really retired from work and the very few that ride with us are still paying our SS benefits for us...That's what we keep telling them anyway :lmao:
And we all get along fine thank you :ShitGrinandThumb:
It's probably because I started a kind of mundane, syrupy thread and folks wanted to fire it up. When I go through one of my, "looking around at bikes" moods, I stick it in here because few around me give a shit, LOL. I find the lifestyles of change bikes often, or if you still really like your bike and "marry" it, to be simply personal choice (which is pretty much your message above").

BTW, I'd be interested in the new (since '19) totally revamped Honda Goldwing, but that steering configuration is not for me so far. Too unconventional for me, like inverted forks. But it's all great and I'm sure many riders are enjoying that.

Yep ... two wheels for me. Some go to three. At the end of the day, the beer is cold.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

RoadKing wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:00 am
DevilsFan wrote:

Typical Revzilla, for typical Revzilla readers. The comments sound like a typical IA thread of snarky remarks “chump change” led by the predictable DF. It’s not a Harley crowd that reads Revzilla, so the comments amount to mostly prejudiced ignorance. I will, as a Harley person, admit that I do not like any of the bikes featured in the link above. Not my style. But, what do I know, I’m hardly your typical Revzilla reader.

RK you are such a fucking psycho!

I try to be rational with you, take some of what you say and have a DECENT conversation but you fucking go OFF on EVERYONE!!!

I don't HATE Harley Davidson...but I know what this thing called "A Sense of Humor" is...and you have NONE!

I don't think anyone gives a shit about what you think about Revzilla. It's one of the few remaining motorcycle magazine-types left.

Imagine living in a world where, no matter how good or bad a motorcycle brand is, you're NOT EVER allowed to criticize or offer suggestions about any feature the brand could ever THINK ABOUT changing...or else you'll meet the wrath of God?!?! That's RK's dream world.

***For the record, Harley Davidson's bikes were so bad during WWII they had to STEAL the plans of BMW. They may make the BEST MOTORCYCLE EVER but it was off the backs of the Germans. F-A-C-T
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

DevilsFan wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:07 am
RoadKing wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:00 am
DevilsFan wrote:

RK you are such a fucking psycho!

I try to be rational with you, take some of what you say and have a DECENT conversation but you fucking go OFF on EVERYONE!!!

I don't HATE Harley Davidson...but I know what this thing called "A Sense of Humor" is...and you have NONE!

I don't think anyone gives a shit about what you think about Revzilla. It's one of the few remaining motorcycle magazine-types left.

Imagine living in a world where, no matter how good or bad a motorcycle brand is, you're NOT EVER allowed to criticize or offer suggestions about any feature the brand could ever THINK ABOUT changing...or else you'll meet the wrath of God?!?! That's RK's dream world.

***For the record, Harley Davidson's bikes were so bad during WWII they had to STEAL the plans of BMW. They may make the BEST MOTORCYCLE EVER but it was off the backs of the Germans. F-A-C-T
You are a simple minded fuck. Harley suspended normal bike production for the public during WW2 for the war effort and produced only bikes for military use. Just as there has been NATO rounds for 60 years to conform to all rifles regardless of nationality, so, too, did The Allies decide on a bike to be produced during WW2 that would conform and make replacement of parts simple to all Allied countries. The war was being fought in Europe where German military bikes were already plentiful. You really are a simple minded fuck. I’m not merely correcting you, I’m calling you out for being lame.

Yeah, I am a psycho. Also a genius and your weak mind I find pathetic. Herb accuses me of “tough talk”, but it ain’t that at all of which you read this board. Just passionate typing, nothing more. The last thing anyone who knows me would accuse me of is tough talk. In a real world of face to face I’m pretty quiet and if I feel anger, which I very rarely do even on this this board or face to face, you’d be fortunate to even hear a rattlesnake shake from me. As far as a sense of humor? I LAUGH AT YOUR DUMB ASS ALL THE TIME!
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

Tom, I came real close to buying a new wing a couple year's back. Yes the steering configuration is different but it handles like a dream. I rode a good number of miles on a dct model and my biggest complaint was with my lack of confidence, not the bike's abilities. I just wasn't confident after stopping on an incline and getting going again. Otherwise I could toss it into a curve better than my c14.
Okay I have to admit that the two bobbling steering rods looked weird while riding :ShitGrinandThumb:

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

RoadKing wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:44 am

You are a simple minded fuck. Harley suspended normal bike production for the public during WW2 for the war effort and produced only bikes for military use. Just as there has been NATO rounds for 60 years to conform to all rifles regardless of nationality, so, too, did The Allies decide on a bike to be produced during WW2 that would conform and make replacement of parts simple to all Allied countries. The war was being fought in Europe where German military bikes were already plentiful. You really are a simple minded fuck. I’m not merely correcting you, I’m calling you out for being lame.
Not to change the subject I would watch out for the so called NATO rounds made in other nations. We had trouble with the British and German made 5.56 in the M16s and M4s. It caused excessive jams, like one in every 5 rounds on average. It did work but I would only load it if I had no other choice. However the 7.62 and 7.62 linked worked like a charm and you could not tell the difference in the foreign stuff and the US made other than the boxes it came in.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

RoadKing wrote:

Yeah, I am a psycho. Also a genius and your weak mind I find pathetic. Herb accuses me of “tough talk”, but it ain’t that at all of which you read this board. Just passionate typing, nothing more. The last thing anyone who knows me would accuse me of is tough talk. In a real world of face to face I’m pretty quiet and if I feel anger, which I very rarely do even on this this board or face to face, you’d be fortunate to even hear a rattlesnake shake from me. As far as a sense of humor? I LAUGH AT YOUR DUMB ASS ALL THE TIME!

You're so full of shit!

Read about any of the Army riders of the HD's during WWII. They said they were so bad, always breaking down, that often times they'd steal the BMW's and paint them allied colors. :lmao: Face it, Harley STOLE the patents from BMW. THEY CHEATED!!!

And another for the record, Honda's sold WAAAY more than Harley ever has! Why? Because they make a SUPERIOR motorcycle! Screw Harley and their mediocre product. Honda makes a much better product, they're diversified and they know how to sell motorcycles.

Honda also never had to go through bankruptcies, nor have they ever come close...unlike shitbag Harley - and on NUMEROUS occasions! FACT! Harley's had multiple idiots running their operations for decades. 95% of why Harley still exists is because they've created the "1%'er mantra". For whatever reason MOST Harley owners spend more time dressing up in their leathers, believing in their minds that when the tool down the whole 3 miles to the local watering hole, that people will see what "bad asses" they are and tremble with fear...as opposed to just putting some miles on their 2003 "Anniversay Year" Sportsters with less than 10K miles on it. :bonk:
Save your shtick for your other 1%'er wannabe's...nobody's buying what you say.

Better yet, go buy yourself a can of orange "Harley brand" paint, pour it in a tub then drop your naked ass in it and roll around. That way no one will ever second guess that you bleed Harley Davidson.

But I digress...everyone is different and prefers different types and BRANDS of rides. What's good for one doesn't mean it's better than another. PERSONAL PREFERENCE!

As for the Revzilla article, it was just pointing out the new models. If anyone read the (short) write ups they'd know there wasn't any bashing.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

Tbeck wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:47 pm
Tom, I came real close to buying a new wing a couple year's back. Yes the steering configuration is different but it handles like a dream. I rode a good number of miles on a dct model and my biggest complaint was with my lack of confidence, not the bike's abilities. I just wasn't confident after stopping on an incline and getting going again. Otherwise I could toss it into a curve better than my c14.
Okay I have to admit that the two bobbling steering rods looked weird while riding :ShitGrinandThumb:
Thanks, Tim. For the info ... and for keeping this thread on an even keel ... unlike ... nevermind ... Heh heh ... I should see if I could test ride one of those puppies.

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by RoadKing »

sgtcall wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:51 pm
RoadKing wrote:

Not to change the subject I would watch out for the so called NATO rounds made in other nations. We had trouble with the British and German made 5.56 in the M16s and M4s. It caused excessive jams, like one in every 5 rounds on average. It did work but I would only load it if I had no other choice. However the 7.62 and 7.62 linked worked like a charm and you could not tell the difference in the foreign stuff and the US made other than the boxes it came in.
Never have purchased NATO rounds. Used them in military only and I found the 7.62 M14 to be very satisfactory. For my personal Mini rifle I have only used 223 Remington for nearly 40 years.
Signifying nothing”

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Oh dear - a Chinese built Harley 350?

https://www.motorcycle.com/mini-feature ... mpany.html

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by tabasco »

hillsy v2 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:42 pm
There's enough room on the back seat to strap eggrolls! I want to get one of these bikes, but I will be very patient, and see how they pan out, or if they're even exported to America.

Wait ... it does look like you'll be able to pick one up over here! Harley Chop Suey!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Gotta get me some Qianjiang swag!!

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

hillsy v2 wrote:

I want one of these. Why can't we get one in the US? Harley being racists to us Americans again?
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

hillsy v2 wrote:

The big and glorious, "All American", "Harley Davidson" is going Chinese?!?! Yeah, can't wait for this HD brainiac idea to tank...like their Street models.

I was at my dealer last month. Haven't been there in a while. They are now selling the CFMoto brand. They're Chinese. I asked the guys what they thought of them. They said they'd sell ME one but there's not a chance in hell that they'd ever buy one! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: