GREEN ENERGY

Keep it civil
Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: GREEN ENERGY

Post by Herb »

Again, you are trying to change the discussion.

The original discussion was about the damage 'green energy' is doing to the environment through bird kills.

You brought up aircraft bird strikes to prove it wrong.

This was countered by the number of aircraft bird strikes. Again, apples to oranges.

Now you are using bird kills by oil spills which are actually very rare and the oil companies are spending a lot of money to prevent them and to clean up after one.

Oil companies spend millions of dollars to prevent oil spills because it is bad business. Their business is to get the oil to refineries and they work hard to do that.

The 'green energy' business does NOTHING to prevent bird deaths because to do so would be bad for business.

BTW, airports spend a lot of time and money to prevent birdstrikes because they are also bad for business and cost a fortune in repairs to aircraft and loss of income from flights being canceled.

You have done everything in your power to deflect from the original point of the thread. It an't working dude.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Herb wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:58 am
Again, you are trying to change the discussion.

The original discussion was about the damage 'green energy' is doing to the environment through bird kills.

You brought up aircraft bird strikes to prove it wrong.
Negitive
I posted
So glad no one has mentiond getting sucked into jet engines

You brought up bird strikes

Herb wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:52 pm
This was countered by the number of aircraft bird strikes. Again, apples to oranges.
You didnt mentioned the number
You mentioned your 30 years on the flight line and bird strikes where rare
Herb wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:27 pm
Now you are using bird kills by oil spills which are actually very rare and the oil companies are spending a lot of money to prevent them and to clean up after one.
No I asked what the 2 images had in common
Herb wrote:
Oil companies spend millions of dollars to prevent oil spills because it is bad business. Their business is to get the oil to refineries and they work hard to do that.

The 'green energy' business does NOTHING to prevent bird deaths because to do so would be bad for business.

BTW, airports spend a lot of time and money to prevent birdstrikes because they are also bad for business and cost a fortune in repairs to aircraft and loss of income from flights being canceled.
Herb wrote:
You have done everything in your power to deflect from the original point of the thread. It an't working dude.
Dude
If you want to take My posts
About the birds getting sucked into jet engines as nothing more then just another way birds are killed and you Think I am really trying to trash this thread You Sir are sadly mistaken
Thats what this thread turned into
And If you think my post was directed at you Again brave Sir you are mistaken
And If you cant see what those 2 images have in common then you are really ignorant on this topic

Honestly Herb
I dont believe in Green energy It dosnt exist
No such thing
No energy is green
All energy kills
destroys all living things
and pollutes the environment

Atlleast any energy that has any use

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

The difference is that 'green energy' companies don't try to do anything to minimize the damage to the invironment. Where as the oil companies do.

Which is worse???

I haven't even gone into the damage that solar energy does.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Herb wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:22 am
The difference is that 'green energy' companies don't try to do anything to minimize the damage to the invironment. Where as the oil companies do.

Which is worse???

Butt HERB your so bent on destroying My Narrative

What do they have in common Not what the differences are

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

FallenAngel wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:24 am
Herb wrote:

Which is worse???

The whole point is the differences and which one is less damaging to the environment while providing the power we need. 'Green energy' loses on both counts.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Herb wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:29 am
FallenAngel wrote:
Herb wrote:

Which is worse???

The whole point is the differences and which one is less damaging to the environment while providing the power we need. 'Green energy' loses on both counts.
The whole point of this thread is with is less harmful???
Your saying thats the point of this thread in a forum????
I was under the impression that forums where for discussions and find solutions
This thread turned into a back and forth what kills birds and back and forth Who is more right and who is more wrong

The discussion part ended a couple pages ago

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Herb wrote:

Bullshit.

Solar panels and windmills DO NOT CREATE ANY EMMISSIONS IN THEIR LIFETIME unlike fossil fuel powered electricity generation which does it ALL THE TIME in operation. That's the whole point of the exercise - to produce energy without emissions.

You anti green nutbags always seem to conveniently ignore that FACT.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

^^^ Space: This is not true.

Firstly,...the whole notion that these sucking things will,...'save the planet'....from a totally bogus...'climate crisis'.. based on CO2 emissions being ..'the devil'...is THE progenitor of THE LIES that they are. :space: There IS NO man-made climate crisis....and that has been demonstrated many, many a time. :space: That is other than the elitist' alarmist 'narrative'.....chirped on by their $$cientist$$....and their left-biased so-called,...'news media'. :space: We have discussed this quite well in the Thread about the Climate Change Farce

Only they who suck down all this Lying Narrative would posit such a narrowed viewpoint that wind turbines create zero emissions. Such a myopic POV is Deliberately Ignorant of all it takes to..mine that raw materials,..transport them to processing plants,...process the materials,....transport them to manufacturing,...manufacture the components,...transport them to assembly plants,..assemble them,...transport those assembled pieces to the site,...erect them into position,....

Don't forget the HUGE amount of CO2 created for the HUGE concrete base.....mine that raw materials,..transport them to processing plants,...process them into material for concrete( HUGE amounts of High-Temperature burn).......transport them to the Concrete making plant,...mix them together into powered concrete mix,...transport that to localized concrete mixer companies,....mix it with water,.....transport the liquid concrete to the site,...pour and finish it.....And the HUGE amount of CO2 in Digging the HUGE whole in the ground before the pour.

AND,...the maintenance of these things WAY UP HIGH...you need VERY LARGE machinery to even get UP THERE,...much less do the work.

Anyone who doesn't factor this in is seriously deluding themselves .

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

FallenAngel wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:47 am
Herb wrote:
FallenAngel wrote:
Herb wrote:

Which is worse???

This thread turned into a back and forth what kills birds and back and forth Who is more right and who is more wrong

The discussion part ended a couple pages ago

Fact is that green energy does more harm to the environment than the fossil fuel system that has worked well and brought a better life than any other system for providing heat, lights, transportation, etc than the green energy push.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

FallenAngel wrote:
And that is part of 'finding solutions'. When someone's POV within the topic of the green energy 'solution' discussion is shown to be factually in error, then that said-same person's POV on the solution being discussed is wrong. And that needs be accepted.

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Designer wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 6:06 am
FallenAngel wrote:
And that is part of 'finding solutions'. When someone's POV within the topic of the green energy 'solution' discussion is shown to be factually in error, then that said-same person's POV on the solution being discussed is wrong. And that needs be accepted.
I dont understand
He who has the bigger hammer can drive the biggest nail
Not all nails need a heavy hammer

Clamming to post facts dont warrant trust

You have no idea how argumentative and stuck up that statement is

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

FallenAngel wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 am
Designer wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:01 am
FallenAngel wrote:
I dont understand He who has the bigger hammer can drive the biggest nail Not all nails need a heavy hammer
Claiming to post facts dont warrant trust
I don't understand either. When those facts as backed up by experts and/or clearly visual evidence. why would one not trust in that? :Umm:

FallenAngel wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 am
...You have no idea how argumentative and stuck up that statement is.
Argumentative one can choose to be. Posting argument/deflection in response to those facts presented that does not refute those facts mentioned is not truly discussion........it is basically bickering,...all so as to avoid facing those facts (via deflection/denial) that would be cause to re-evaluate the just-proven-incorrect POV.

And one having to post those facts again to the bickerer is merely reaffirming that which the bickerer refuses to acknowledge. It shouldn't be needed, but then, they who choose to bicker pretty much have exited the discussion towards 'solution' as you say.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Youz guys will fight over anything...it's summertime, go for a ride.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

navigator wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:44 pm
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Youz guys will fight over anything...it's summertime, go for a ride.
No Doubt
If someone is a hammer then he will see everything as a nail

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Within this recent postings of this Thread, ...can be aptly applies to the posting member just above.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Designer wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 1:00 pm
Within this recent postings of this Thread, ...can be aptly applies to the posting member just above.
So sorry Ed I had no idea this was an exclusive thread
Then when I jumped in with a dumb post I didnt invite you

OK here goes
My question is Other then being dead What do these 2 birds have in common

I hope this makes up for leaving you out

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

Designer wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:58 am
^^^ Space: This is not true.

Firstly,...the whole notion that these sucking things will,...'save the planet'....from a totally bogus...'climate crisis'.. based on CO2 emissions being ..'the devil'...is THE progenitor of THE LIES that they are. :space: There IS NO man-made climate crisis....and that has been demonstrated many, many a time. :space: That is other than the elitist' alarmist 'narrative'.....chirped on by their $$cientist$$....and their left-biased so-called,...'news media'. :space: We have discussed this quite well in the Thread about the Climate Change Farce

Only they who suck down all this Lying Narrative would posit such a narrowed viewpoint that wind turbines create zero emissions. Such a myopic POV is Deliberately Ignorant of all it takes to..mine that raw materials,..transport them to processing plants,...process the materials,....transport them to manufacturing,...manufacture the components,...transport them to assembly plants,..assemble them,...transport those assembled pieces to the site,...erect them into position,....

Don't forget the HUGE amount of CO2 created for the HUGE concrete base.....mine that raw materials,..transport them to processing plants,...process them into material for concrete( HUGE amounts of High-Temperature burn).......transport them to the Concrete making plant,...mix them together into powered concrete mix,...transport that to localized concrete mixer companies,....mix it with water,.....transport the liquid concrete to the site,...pour and finish it.....And the HUGE amount of CO2 in Digging the HUGE whole in the ground before the pour.

AND,...the maintenance of these things WAY UP HIGH...you need VERY LARGE machinery to even get UP THERE,...much less do the work.

Anyone who doesn't factor this in is seriously deluding themselves .
What crap.

It's been discussed MANY TIMES that windmills and solar panels recoup their carbon footprint within a short period.

Fossil fuel driven power sources never do this. EVER.

All the other rantings are not facts - just selective outrage by idiots with agendas.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Post by Tbeck »

FA, you aren't going to sway this conversation. Your points are valid and MOSTLY your "hammer and nail" observation are spot on. The issue here is that you are CHALLENGING the established view with actual supported contradiction.
I believe that I posted something back on about page one or two, but any post that doesn't support the establishment view gets passed by.
But don't worry because I am sure there will be another months worth of copy/paste.... because obviously nobody here does any reading other than here :lmao: .

I like navs idea...go ride

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Tbeck wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 3:22 pm
I like navs idea...go ride
I liked Navs Green Power post
Nav posts some good stuff
His Or Eaten post was a gem

unfortunately for me I have had the opportunity to witness an eagle fly into one of these windmills
The bird was attracted to the blades
I believe he was trying to land on it

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock

Post by hillsy v2 »

FallenAngel wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 5:28 pm

Informatively for me I have had the opportunity to witness an eagle fly into one of these windmills
The bird was attracted to the blades
I believe he was trying to land on it
That makes sense.

It's hard to believe these birds are that stupid they just fly into the blades without looking.

But sorry - I don't know where you are going with comparing the birds. Unless you mean they now both have no potential or kinetic energy....or something like that??