T...those damn teachers again!!!

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: T...those damn teachers again!!!

Post by Tbeck »

No Designer you just like being contrary.
What I posted is factual and how the legal system sees it. I don't think they care about what your dumb ass thinks.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Dear Herbert,
Project Veritas released a new video today exposing a radical college professor, Jeremy Tausch, who admits he discriminates against his students based on their political and religious beliefs.

Here are some of the highlights from today’s video:

Jeremy Tausch, Professor, Brooklyn College & Pratt Institute: “I’m in control. I have the authority and the depth of knowledge and experience…They’re kids and they oftentimes either don’t know any better or they’ve been influenced by their parents, and they never heard an alternate voice from a position of knowledge.”
Tausch: “It’s my job to be middle of the road—to not be on one side or the other politically. But you know, it’s hard not to be like, ‘Look man these mother f**king [Trump] people, they are out for you. These people will f**king kill you.”
Tausch: “I could say in my classroom, as forcefully as possible, ‘Do not vote for this mother f**ker [Trump] because you are voting for environmental destruction. Not just environmental destruction -- global destruction. That’s what your vote is for.’”
Tausch: “If you support Trump, if you are one of the hardcore Trumpers, you are probably a f**king racist. Probably a racist. If you are MAGA, you know, you’re probably a f**king racist, and that is about 25 percent of the population of the United States.”
Tausch: “The political right is going to f**king kill us. They are going to kill us.”
Tausch: “So, I get to say [in the classroom], ‘Look, the GOP and Republicans do not believe in climate change, and that’s f**king dangerous.’”
You can watch the video by CLICKING HERE.
https://rumble.com/v2bhcqm-college-prof ... hem-i.html
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:20 pm

Dear Herbert,
Project Veritas released a new video today exposing a radical college professor, Jeremy Tausch, who admits he discriminates against his students based on their political and religious beliefs.

Here are some of the highlights from today’s video:

Jeremy Tausch, Professor, Brooklyn College & Pratt Institute: “I’m in control. I have the authority and the depth of knowledge and experience…They’re kids and they oftentimes either don’t know any better or they’ve been influenced by their parents, and they never heard an alternate voice from a position of knowledge.”
Tausch: “It’s my job to be middle of the road—to not be on one side or the other politically. But you know, it’s hard not to be like, ‘Look man these mother f**king [Trump] people, they are out for you. These people will f**king kill you.”
Tausch: “I could say in my classroom, as forcefully as possible, ‘Do not vote for this mother f**ker [Trump] because you are voting for environmental destruction. Not just environmental destruction -- global destruction. That’s what your vote is for.’”
Tausch: “If you support Trump, if you are one of the hardcore Trumpers, you are probably a f**king racist. Probably a racist. If you are MAGA, you know, you’re probably a f**king racist, and that is about 25 percent of the population of the United States.”
Tausch: “The political right is going to f**king kill us. They are going to kill us.”
Tausch: “So, I get to say [in the classroom], ‘Look, the GOP and Republicans do not believe in climate change, and that’s f**king dangerous.’”
You can watch the video by CLICKING HERE.
https://rumble.com/v2bhcqm-college-prof ... hem-i.html
I dumped PV when they dumped James O'keefe

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3866 ... t-veritas/
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

While I belive they were wrong to dump O'Keefe, do you believe they are wrong on this???
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:52 pm
While I belive they were wrong to dump O'Keefe, do you believe they are wrong on this???
No, I just won't give them anymore 'clicks' on their channels.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

So, you are willing to cut off a good source of information over O'Keefe leaving?

You can always ignore them like I do most of their stuff

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:30 pm
So, you are willing to cut off a good source of information over O'Keefe leaving?

You can always ignore them like I do most of their stuff
You vote with what you buy.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I also watch the lame stream media, I gather information from every site I can and filter what I learn.

Refusing information is a damn good way to get bad information, that is what the left does.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Tbeck wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:58 pm
No Designer you just like being contrary. What I posted is factual and how the legal system sees it.
So Sorry,...but,....No it isn't all factual.

Tell us,...where did you get the FACTS specific to him and and his Medical/Mental Condition(s) and Cognitive/Evaluative Abilities....... that only a Doctor/Medical Professional could accurately determine?
Tbeck wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:18 pm
....... His "reaction" was a "manifestation of" his mental health condition. In other words he has little to no ability to control his response.
Answer:...... You can't know this. :space: :dunno:

This is just you,... and your ASS-umptive arrogance again, thinking you know what you cannot possibly know.
And since you cannot possibly know with accuracy the Medical/Mental Condition(s) (and to what degree his condition affects the equality of his judgmental abilities)... of this kid,......The other law-facts you post are nice,...and all that,...but applying them to him here is equally suspect,...... because of the UN-knowns about this kid.

And about your postulation that he will not be convicted/nor go to trial,...time will tell.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Designer, the story is all over the internet. A "SPECIAL NEEDS" student attacked a teacher aide for taking his game switch.
All anyone with knowledge of educational laws needs to see is the "SPECIAL NEEDS" description to understand that this is not going to trial and he's not getting convicted.
This kid had 3 previous attacks/assault's, AND what happened? NOTHING because it's a " MANIFESTATION OF" his condition.
So it is FACTUAL and we don't need to know anything more about his mental health condition other than he's IDENTIFIED as special needs. That identifier protects this student and his family from any liability.

Additionally if you look into it a bit more you'd have found out that this student SHOULD have been in an alternative placement due to his NEEDS, but the placement had been closed in the recent past due to funding.

You appear to want to argue about the points that I presented, but you're barking up the WRONG tree. I am simply pointing out the legal issues specific to the educational environment that created the situation and will prevent it from being dealt with appropriately.

Here's the problem since folk's always blame the school's. The school's are constrained by law's and have no choice in following the laws passed by people who have no idea how to legislate for the educational environment. Their intentions are good but they don't have the operational knowledge to know what negative outcomes are going to occur because of their law. So we end up with a 6'6" 270lb anger issue that has no business being mainstreamed, who is protected from any liability due to the law's. Those are the fact's and the issue.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

I don't care if he has issues or not, this person is a danger to society and and needs to go away. This is his 3rd known attack, should we just wait till he kills someone to do something? Prison or and institution would be the best outcome but, at the very least he should never be allowed into a school again.

It's all on video! yet....................

Florida student who allegedly attacked teacher's aide for taking Nintendo Switch pleads not guilty
The Florida student's lawyer says he believes Depa isn't mentally competent to stand trial

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-stud ... cmp=tw_fnc

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

If this asshole is not competent to stand trial then he is not competent to live in society...

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:58 pm
If this asshole is not competent to stand trial then he is not competent to live in society...
Good point.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:19 pm
Herb wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:58 pm
Good point.
The thing is, he is going to do this to someone on the street and is likely to get killed, then the person that kills him will be in trouble.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, your right he doesn't belong in a mainstream educational setting, he belongs in a school dedicated to students with his needs. Unfortunately the school which he would have been placed in was closed because his county taxpayers voted against a tax hike. I believe it was a 50 cent hike.
So that resulted in this and others like him attending a normal school. It's not ideal but this is what happens.

You know, I have been reading about school choice here for a long time and I have posted numerous times that it comes with a number of major problems. This story is a good example of what happens when the funds aren't available. A school closes and those students have to be placed somewhere. So while these proposed choice schools sound's good to the average person, the problems produced are well known by teachers.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:45 pm

You know, I have been reading about school choice here for a long time and I have posted numerous times that it comes with a number of major problems. This story is a good example of what happens when the funds aren't available. A school closes and those students have to be placed somewhere. So while these proposed choice schools sound's good to the average person, the problems produced are well known by teachers.
But if a county had a great school system that the parents wanted their kids in school choice wouldn't be an issue for that county. School choice more like the competitive marketplace in any business, if you have a good business model you win, if it sucks your business fails.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I agree that school choice isn't the complete answer to the issues but it is the best available right now.

And when the teachers whine about the parents, maybe they need to remember that the issues started way back in the 1980s with teachers telling the students that their parents couldn't do a large number of normal punishments I grew up with. Then if a student told a teacher that their parent(s) took their dinner away (because the brat threw a fit about what was served and threw his meal at the wall breaking the plate) the teacher would call child services and the parent would be arrested.

Before you start calling me a liar, I saw it happen...

Teachers have assited in making parents afraid to punish a kid and the laws are such that a reasonable punishment is considered child abuse.

A VERY large portion of the problem can be, correctly, blamed on teachers and the whole school system.

I know that this paints the large number of really good teachers with a wide brush, but if they had been doing more to get those lousy teachers, and administrators, out of the system, we would be in much better shape today.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

Herb, this is where I disagree (partially) with you.

It's a PUBLIC school. Yes, there are many teachers that are woke, affirmative action, liberals. But I'm telling you, the VAST MAJORITY are good, solid teachers that only want to educate children on acedemic subjects.

This ISN'T on just the teachers. As I've said before...WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THERE WERE SCHOOL BOARD MEETINGS??? Where was the community during the Clinton years of "It take a village"??? Where was the community during Obama's school lunch program???

We've had the REactive, it ain't my kid so why should I worry about it mindet for a few decades now.

School Boards don't listen to teachers. But get a few angry mamma bears in there and things change.

It's everyone's civic duty. Our society get's good...and then takes their eyes off the ball. Then bad things happen and they're surprised?!?!
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Sgt, you are completely wrong on the school choice model and I will try to explain why. I will use $/numbers from my district as an example.
If we break down student enrollment to cost per student it rounds off to about $14500 annually per student. Now obviously it doesn't cost that for teachers, so the number includes everything from utilities, to teacher's, technology, building upkeep, busing, and supplies used annually.
So let's say that 3 parents out of a school decided they want to send their child to a parochial school. That's not an unusual reason, and it is based on their religious values, not because of a better education. That means a district school would lose close to 45k for the 3 students. That's one teachers salary for my district. So now the school is running 1 teacher low, so what happens to class size? Goes up which means less individual interaction in the classroom. This in turn lowers educational outcomes. I should state that an average class size for most public schools are running around 28-30 students per teacher. All research including DoD recommends no more than 25 to 1.
The problem with school choice isn't that parents get to choose as in the marketplace, rather a disproportionate loss of funding occurs. How does a district break down cost for operations so that the only financial loss experienced is individualized? Obviously the bulk of the $14500 per student is in keeping the lights on and facilities running.
So school choice is a great example of how to close all public schools and not a recipe for improvement of education.
So when the public school closes, where do you think those teachers are going to be employed? And private/parochial school's won't be able to turn away special needs kid's. And these schools will be required to meet state and federal mandates.
So in reality all that will be accomplished is the privatization of public schools where the schools can raise tuition without public input. Which means higher school taxes so students get their free public funded education.
I hope that I have explained this in a way that show's that this proposal sounds good on the surface, but has a bunch of shortcomings and long term disadvantages. Again I wouldn't expect everyone to know all this stuff because really it's not on the radar for most. Goes back to what I was saying about the people making educational laws. They don't have the expertise to understand the negatives.