9-11 Ride

Keep it civil
DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

9-11 Ride

Post by DevilsFan »

Was going to join my Patriotic Rider group and head down to Sarasota for the 9-11 ride but decided to take a little solo jaunt up to Inverness. I enjoy the group rides but when there's 100's of bikers it tends to get confusing and our group gets separated.

Anyway, I went up to Inverness. It's a cute little town and they have a little theater in the downtown that they open free to the public and display 9-11 artifacts and memorials. They also have the movie screen showing the pictures and people.
It was nice to see a few of the New Yorkers there and especially the young kids being subjected to something they know very little of.

But I'll be the first to admit, I had to run over to the Kleenex box. Me and this sweet old lady were both wiping the tears from our eyes. And when I came upon the story of Sirius the bomb dog....that was it for me. I really just wanted to leave there quickly. To this day I still cannot believe this happened.

There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Re: 9-11 Ride

Post by MattSunn »

Took a ride this morning. Can't watch the stuff on TV. :cry:

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Took a nice hour and a half all back road ride on the so slow C50. Was nice but back started hurting some again.Old age means most days something hurts about every day. :bonk: Saw a little of the stuff over on TV and just made me mad again.Ride got me in a better place. :cheers:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Sat around here doing nothing. :blink: I hadn't heard the story about "Sirius the bomb dog" made me sad to read the story. :cry:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Worked today, 12:30 to 7:30 PM, then came home and had super and a few snorts of vodka ... and here I am. :cheers:
lovineveryminuteofit

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

98 seen a few of you before and think you are far right? Maybe left? Number two and five are way too good lookin to be you. [emoji2]
Like to joke too much but really thank you for your service. :clap:

old time rider
Back on the Road

Post by old time rider »

Old but not blind yet :naughty: .My grandson is 24 now.He was the player but went from a hew one every month to same one around two years now! They found each other in prison! She was the only female in the guard training they had. After a year he liked the job but found the pay about as low as any he had ever made. He is with CSX now and making ten times as much. She has moved up to a state job in the PO part but not the part of meeting them face to face.Image This is them at a too fancy for him supper.

MattSunn
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Sportsters

Post by MattSunn »

Nice looking couple. [emoji106]