Just Sold My Stratoliner

Keep it civil
maxriderdon
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Suzuki GSX1250FA

Just Sold My Stratoliner

Post by maxriderdon »

Didn't think it would bother me as I was really ready to sell it. The bike was a little big for me and I think I'm done with large displacement V-twins. I still got my GSX1250FA (Bandit with fairings) and my Solstice GXP convertible which I love. I rarely rode the Strat much anymore. The thing is I had the Stratoliner 6+ years which is the longest I have ever owned a bike. I was ok until I saw the guy riding off on it. I will appreciat the extra room in the garage though. [emoji106]

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Just Sold My Stratoliner

Post by old time rider »

Like the looks and feel of the big Yamaha v twin a lot.While the weight is about the same on the roadstars and stratoliners the big 1900 strad is smoother and with smaller front wheel feels lighter IMO. I said no more new big bikes after my V strom .Did just as bad and bought a old 1600 and still have my 1700 star.Also got another older Vstrom.Starting to agree with the wife I am crazy! You had a Vstrom if my recall right?

maxriderdon
Practicing Bicycling

Post by maxriderdon »

Yes, I had a V-Strom as well. Best overall bike I ever owned. I've always said the heart and soul of a bike is it's engine. That Suzuki 650 is one sweet engine, never complaining and so user friendly. Since 2012 the V-Stroms got a bit more challenging for my 29" inseam. The Versys is slightly better in that respect and I like it as well so one could be in the future after I tire of the bandit. Both are amazing, street friendly, easy to ride, yet good on longer trip bikes. If one can only own one bike these are hard to beat IMHO.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Glad you still got El Bandito.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I remember when I departed with my 2002 Harley Deuce, I had bought it in 2004 with 5400 miles on it kept it five years and traded it in with 48K

actually traded it in for a 2008 Harley EG Classic....bought her in 2010 with 6100 miles on her, kept it for 6 years and traded her in with 56K

I felt the same remorse as you did when you saw the new owner of your Strat riding off with yours.....
Mine was when they were unloading it off my trailer...I had driven the 180 miles to the Harley dealership in Houma, La
towing the Deuce for the trade in....That was the dealer's conditions that I wasn't to put any more miles on the Deuce (48K) than necessary.
I almost wish I would have just cancelled the insurance on the Deuce ( you have to turn in the license plate in 10 days after cancellation) and kept the darn thing.....I miss having her on my shorter rides..
But everything has a purpose and now I've traded in my beloved "Black Pearl" and now I'm riding a 2012 Harley Limited..
.so it's all worked out well
but I still regret up to this day not keeping my Deuce....
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

maxriderdon
Practicing Bicycling

Post by maxriderdon »

SJ, I can see why you miss that Deuce. Looks like a fun ride and not overly big. [emoji106]