Have you heard of First Monday in Texas?

Keep it civil
n-trude
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: Honda GW Trike

Have you heard of First Monday in Texas?

Post by n-trude »

This big Flea Market, in Canton Texas, is called First Monday. Once a month is a big deal.

Its near where KitKat and War Eagle live. I try to go couple times a year, I like it a lot...

Find the 1st Monday of the month, and its the weekend before it. Its pretty cool place.

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Re: Have you heard of First Monday in Texas?

Post by jonnycando »

Round here in the warm months, we used to have First Fridays at 5. There would be bands, and food, a fleamarket maybe, and what not. It might be round this year....no way to know one year to the next.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

There's another place just like it in Winnie, Texas...southeast Texas......They call it
Larrys old time trade days ...maybe 15 20 acres of nothing but what I call junk , collectibles, antiques and the such.....There is no way you can make every booth in one day's times ......seems as though they have it the same time as the one you've mentioned.

http://www.larrysoldtimetradedays.com/
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by jonnycando »

I like perusing flea markets....but some people know what they got, and they won't give a good deal!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

We have a flea mall a couple of miles from me. As a matter of fact that is where I bought my love seat with the fold out bed. I've been to it a couple of times just looking to see if there was anything I couldn't live without, except for the love seat, nope. I have yet to see a flea for sell. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by jonnycando »

You don't need to pay for fleas....the puppy will attract them soon enough. :lmao:

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

There is a flea market near the airport here which is open every weekend. We go about every 3 weeks and sometimes there are fantastic deals to be had. It's a lot of fun when you hit on something. :clap: