T...those damn teachers again!!!

Keep it civil
Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Concours 1400

Re: T...those damn teachers again!!!

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, trust me when I say it was not teacher's leading the charge on the calling in on suspected abuse.
Here's what I can tell you on that matter. ALL state's passed law requiring MANDATED REPORTING for all federally or state licensed personnel. That means teacher's and all school districts personnel, along with all medical personnel. So if a kid comes to school and say's his dad gave him the belt last night, any of the aforementioned personnel MUST report it. Failure to do so is jail time and fines, plus loss of credentials. My guess is a very large number of teacher's would applaud that kids dad giving him the belt on occasion, but we are MANDATED REPORTERS and therefore we must report.

As far as the Blaze article? I'm afraid there's a lot more to that story. With that said folk's need to realize that school personnel don't see/hear everything that happens in school. Obviously if this girl was in a fight with other's and a teacher heard or saw it going down, they'd break it up. Same with any conversations that aren't nice. Secondly, who kills themselves over stick and stone's? Someone with much bigger issues.
My point here is that teacher's do whatever they can to keep all the students safe in school, but as previously mentioned we can't see everything or hear every exchange. You have to ask yourself if she didn't have at least one teacher she felt comfortable going to about the bullying? It would be very strange if she didn't.
I don't think school's get it right all the time, far from it these days. But I am unaware of any teacher in my district that doesn't put the students first in everything they do daily. On occasion nobody sees the tragedy coming as in this story.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:56 am
Herb, trust me when I say it was not teacher's leading the charge on the calling in on suspected abuse.
Here's what I can tell you on that matter. ALL state's passed law requiring MANDATED REPORTING for all federally or state licensed personnel. That means teacher's and all school districts personnel, along with all medical personnel. So if a kid comes to school and say's his dad gave him the belt last night, any of the aforementioned personnel MUST report it. Failure to do so is jail time and fines, plus loss of credentials. My guess is a very large number of teacher's would applaud that kids dad giving him the belt on occasion, but we are MANDATED REPORTERS and therefore we must report.

My dad would have been in trouble constantly and I turned out okay.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:00 am
Tbeck wrote:

So did I. So what T is saying is that we blame the lawmakers? Sorry, but somewhere along the line both the teachers and the parents have to take responsibility for the bullshit. The parent that reported the taping of the mouth and bitched about it should have applauded the teacher for her actions, I would have.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:39 pm
sgtcall wrote:
Tbeck wrote:

So did I. So what T is saying is that we blame the lawmakers? Sorry, but somewhere along the line both the teachers and the parents have to take responsibility for the bullshit. The parent that reported the taping of the mouth and bitched about it should have applauded the teacher for her actions, I would have.
That is not the teachers place. I was of age to still get paddled in school but the teachers were never allowed to do it, it was always either the principle or assistant principle because that kept the teachers from reacting in anger.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:30 pm
Herb wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:39 pm
sgtcall wrote:
Tbeck wrote:

That is not the teachers place. I was of age to still get paddled in school but the teachers were never allowed to do it, it was always either the principle or assistant principle because that kept the teachers from reacting in anger.
yeah, been there done that, more than once. However, teachers were allowed to do things, like stand us in a corner, to keep control of the classroom. I never saw one tape someone's mouth shut but I do belive that there would not have been an issue with it.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Guy's don't shoot the messenger. By the standard's (law) since the 1980's my parents would still be in jail.
You missed the point, it wasn't teacher's, they don't have that kind of pull, AND in case you missed it, it affect ALL medical personnel and service's.
So if you want to point finger's, there's the culprits. Doctor's and hospital's lobbied lawmakers to add protections for children. The input from them suggested that teacher's and schools come into daily contact with students at risk and therefore they see injuries SOONER than physicians who don't see kids daily. Therefore the school personnel were identified along with all medical personnel as mandated reporters.
Like ALL legislation that has a good intent, it gets written in a way that actually does as much harm as good.
Let's face it, at risk children are rare and yet we have a whole government agency dedicated to just that.
So yes Herb it does fall back on the legislature. Not everything needs to be codified in law, and when it is the law's should be specific and minimal, not so vague that they encompass all.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

Anyone that thinks teachers and their communist union aren't a major part of our problems isn't seeing the big picture.

https://www.desantisdaily.com/teachers- ... m_content=

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has shown he is a fighter.

And he took on, and beat, both Disney and the powerful teacher union bosses.

So, it’s no wonder teachers union bosses attack DeSantis and his “dangerous agenda” in a preview of 2024.

America’s teachers unions are among the most radical leftist unions in the nation.

They long ago gave up any pretense of caring about children, or education.

It’s all about power and indoctrination
Albert Shanker, the once all-powerful boss of the American Federation of Teachers once said, “When school children start paying union dues, that’s when I’ll start representing the interests of children. ”

And though he said this decades ago, it is truer now than it ever was.

The simple fact is teachers unions are not in existence to protect teachers, rather they are a massive left-wing force hell-bent on indoctrinating our children....

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Herb wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:41 pm
Anyone that thinks teachers and their communist union aren't a major part of our problems isn't seeing the big picture.
Man,...you are SO Spot on with that!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... whiteness/

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

The racist teachers union, again.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... whiteness/

The New York City teacher’s union is hosting a seminar on the “harmful effects of whiteness.”
The racist seminar from the United Federation of Teachers is titled “Holding the weight of whiteness” and will take place virtually on March 27 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

“This course is about cultural humility and inclusion. It will allow us to discuss how whiteness relates to privilege and identity, and how both become normalized and invisible. It will focus on key cultural themes (e.g., internalized racism, privilege, microaggressions, white identity) related to Latinx/e communities,” the event description reads....

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

Herb, I am not real impressed with Desantis playing politics with kid's education. I think I am in the majority here with saying all the WOKE crap should stay out of school and all the explicit text of sexual nature.
Unfortunately these thing's ALWAYS blow up which just happened in Florida. A principal lost his job and a 6th grade social studies teacher resigned because three parents complained that the teacher showed the class Michaelangelo painting's and statues. They were categorized controversial. Now how in the hell is famous renaissance art in Vatican City controversial? People really need to pull their head's out of their ass. But these parents were all whipped up by Desantis to complain and they did.
Now before someone chides in, this is the same behavior now coming from the Right that everyone was bitching about the Left two years ago when they demanded name changes and statue removal. Now we attack history in school's.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:05 pm
Herb, I am not real impressed with Desantis playing politics with kid's education. I think I am in the majority here with saying all the WOKE crap should stay out of school and all the explicit text of sexual nature.
Unfortunately these thing's ALWAYS blow up which just happened in Florida. A principal lost his job and a 6th grade social studies teacher resigned because three parents complained that the teacher showed the class Michaelangelo painting's and statues. They were categorized controversial. Now how in the hell is famous renaissance art in Vatican City controversial? People really need to pull their head's out of their ass. But these parents were all whipped up by Desantis to complain and they did.
Now before someone chides in, this is the same behavior now coming from the Right that everyone was bitching about the Left two years ago when they demanded name changes and statue removal. Now we attack history in school's.
The principal and a social studies teacher did not resign because of showing Michelangelo's David, it was because they failed to notify the parents that that they were going to show material that may be deemed controversial. I don't really see the art as a problem but I can also see that some parents may not want to expose their kids to a naked guy in a classroom.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

sgtcall wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:35 pm
Tbeck wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:05 pm
The principal and a social studies teacher did not resign because of showing Michelangelo's David, it was because they failed to notify the parents that that they were going to show material that may be deemed controversial. I don't really see the art as a problem but I can also see that some parents may not want to expose their kids to a naked guy in a classroom.
Spot On Conclusion there, SgtCall. :space: What the parents Behavior was is pretty much concern over not being notified about what certainly can be said to be controversial material given the context of the current situation(s) Whipped Up By left-wingers and their Child Sexualization/Grooming and Drag Queen "story-telling" shows.

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2018 Honda CB650F

Post by DevilsFan »

I can tell you as a Florida teacher, there's got to be more to this story than they were fired/quit.

Sorry, but I ain't buying any parent upset over a famous painting. We go through the Renaissance and I tell all my 6th graders that there's many paintings with naked people and they need to act accordingly. I also teach throughout the year that, from Greece into Rome, their artwork tried to capture the beauty of the human form. Greek and Roman art is a state standard.

If the teacher quit...it's on them. If they were fired, you can bet your ass the union would be involved and that teacher would still be teaching.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

Tbeck
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Tbeck »

DF, the district policy was any material that could be controversial had to go through the principal for approval. The teacher didn't get approval. My guess is that she didn't believe that it was controversial given what she was showing, classical art.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Tbeck wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:04 pm
DF, the district policy was any material that could be controversial had to go through the principal for approval. The teacher didn't get approval. My guess is that she didn't believe that it was controversial given what she was showing, classical art.
You say it's classical art and should be allowed but should classical art depicting orgy's be allowed for 3rd graders? What about satanic ritual art? What about classical art depicting pedophilia? These are all real examples of some classical art. At what point should the parents be informed? Drag Queens consider their act a form of art. Just because something is art does not always make it right and even if it is right for college students it may not be for 5th graders.

I suspect the teacher may have been involved in some form of grooming before the law and the parents just used this new law to get rid of the teacher.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

I'd like to say that "common sense" would prevail. But (especially lately) everyone's "common sense" seems to differ.

That said, I'd like to know what exact painting was shown and under what context.
There will be a time where you will no longer be able to use, "But...I didn't know!", as an excuse. And if you're exiled from society, well, you were warned.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

DevilsFan wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:51 pm
I'd like to say that "common sense" would prevail. But (especially lately) everyone's "common sense" seems to differ.

That said, I'd like to know what exact painting was shown and under what context.
This one.

DevilsFan
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by DevilsFan »

For that, if I displayed it for my classroom, I've had edited out the man-parts.

I've shown my students DaVinci's Vitruvian Man and covered his waist.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

DevilsFan wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:51 pm

Common sense is not always the answer. Ever have that soldier or student that you allowed a mild indiscretion for whatever reason and later they took it to the next level? So if you allow one naked man in class why not another? Or a painting of two men engaged in a sexual act? I understand that it all may be considered art but not all art is appropriate for all kids. Some kids can handle it some can't, parents should be informed so they can make that choice. Even if it is just sending home a detailed syllabus at the beginning of the semester then letting parents opt out of certain topics.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

DevilsFan wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:22 pm
For that, if I displayed it for my classroom, I've had edited out the man-parts.

I've shown my students DaVinci's Vitruvian Man and covered his waist.
And that is a good choice that still gets the point across.