What Happened?

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

What Happened?

Post by JamesC »

This morning I went out for a ride and it was wonderful. I hit the highway and really opened her up, getting in some short blasts at 90 mph. She ran like a thoroughbred. I was very happy. When I got back into town, I noticed that when I stopped at a red light, and had the bike in first gear with the clutch pulled in; it would be at idle but every now and then it would dip like it was going to stall (which it never did). When I pulled up to my garage I put it in neutral on the side stand to get off and open the door and she seemed to be idling fine. Anyone know where I should start looking? Throttle cable? Loose ground wire? What do you guys think? Thanks.

JamesC
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: What Happened?

Post by JamesC »

Never mind, I think I found the problem. The spark plug for the rear jug was real loose. I just dropped a new set in, and obviously didn't tighten down on it enough. I have to use a deep 18 mm socket, and if I go too tight, it's a pita to get it off the plug.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

I have always found that the spark plug socket in the stock tool kit works best and does not get stuck.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Spacecoast
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Yamaha FZ-09 Suzuki S83

Post by Spacecoast »

sgtcall wrote:I have always found that the spark plug socket in the stock tool kit works best and does not get stuck.
LOL...on my used 2005 S83 I found a note in the tool kit, stuck into the plug socket that said "use socket when changing plugs". Now I know why.