Good news (for me anyway)

Keep it civil
BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Good news (for me anyway)

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I got an email from my sister saying that she had some good news. But first a little history about her... I sent her an email a few weeks ago asking how everybody in the Tulsa area was doing as I don't hear from them anymore since my mother died 5 years ago. She wrote back saying that she had just finished chemo for lung cancer and that she was doing okay. Anyway, today I got an email from her saying she had some more good news. It seems my mother had a few shares of MetLife and my sisters got them sold so we will get some money come Friday. My share, I would guess 1/3rd of the stocks, will be $754.15. with that much money I should be able to do some work on my building and make it more livable. It needs a couple of rooms put inside. One would be a bedroom and the other a bathroom. Actually I can put the mattress, I got for free from the guy that put the wheel bearing in the van, in the loft since it should be warmer up there with winter coming on. So all I really need to do is make a private area for the shower and camp potty I have. I hate the fact that it is out in the open. Of course, there hasn't been anyone in the house since I got it so it really isn't that big a deal. :bonk:

Now there is bad blood between me and the older of the two sisters as she has said I am not welcome in her house anymore ever since I needed to borrow $500 my mom had left in her checking account. I needed the money to go check on a job in Arkansas and to help me get thru the year till my SS checks started in 5 months. Mom actually left more than that but that's another story. It seems my sister has always held it against me for the way I treated her and her sister when growing up. I supposedly did things I don't remember doing and the younger sister has never said anything about me treating her bad. Oh and I'm not all that welcome in the younger sisters house either as it seems her husband has a dislike for me for some reason. :bang: Both are younger than me and I am the oldest living member of the family.

The last year mom was alive she would tell me, at least once a week, I would get a little money when she died as she had a MetLife policy of some kind. Anyway, when it matured after mom died MetLife supposedly couldn't find me and gave the money to the older of the two sisters who talked her younger sister into taking a cruise ship vacation with this money she knew wasn't hers. She made the mistake of telling me about the policy and asked me if I wanted it and I said I did. That is when I found out I was the beneficiary and was suppose to get the money. It didn't say how much money the policy was worth and all I got out of my sisters was $1,000 each. Mom always said it was worth a lot more than that when I asked her how much money I would get when she died and she never gave an amount either, just that it was over $5,000. I was told once by an aunt that lived with my mom as a care taker that the policy was worth around $30,000. Who knows it could have been worth $3,000 and the younger sister has just wanted to give me what I had coming since she has cancer and doesn't want that on her mind if she dies.

Anyway, the good news is I have $754.15 coming if what my sister says is true. I guess I should tell her to just send me a check and then I don't have to worry about what might be going on if this is just a trick. :OhNo; But I told her I would come up to her house whenever she wanted me to pick up the money.
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Good news (for me anyway)

Post by Designer »

Man,...if there is anyone who deserves it it is you.

The struggles and hardships you face would make a Grown Man cry. :sad:

Here's a prayer to you and hopes of Future Good Fortune. :clap: :cheers: [emoji106]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Thanks :bow: I get by, but there are days I wonder why. :bang:

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

My mom has a pretty substantial amount of money and property, I'm glad I don't have siblings to go through this kind of thing with. However I'm kinda doubtful I'll live long enough to see it, she's in great shape at 74 and I'm about half dead at 52. :lmao:

At least my kids will get the whole thing if I check out early. :donno: They will do alright even if it doesn't go down like that.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

I do not have the Financial wherewithal to help you out. ;IDunno:

If I had the amount of money Fred says he has, I wouldn't be stingy about lending you a helping hand. [emoji106]

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

Designer wrote:I do not have the Financial wherewithal to help you out. ;IDunno:

If I had the amount of money Fred says he has, I wouldn't be stingy about lending you a helping hand. [emoji106]
:cheers:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Designer wrote:I do not have the Financial wherewithal to help you out. ;IDunno:

I appreciate the thought but I don't think I need any help Image, not at the moment anyway. I get by from SS paycheck to paycheck and the food stamps (EBT) card helps pay for enough food to eat from month to month. It even pays for the soda pop and snacks I get. Now if it would only cover the dog food I need for Spanky. :lolfall: Sure I bitch and cry about how much money I need on here, but in the long run with the 5 ozs of silver I hock each month I get by. If I didn't hock the silver that would mean I could put $75 a month away for that rainy day that seems to come more often than it should. :bang:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Okay. I got it. I hope you are doing good.

Is the Generator still helping?

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Yep, I don't have to use it much till winter time gets here and the days get shorter or it gets cloudy for a few days. One of these days I'll get batteries for the camera and get a picture of the solar set up I have. Last night I was thinking I could take that money and buy four batteries and two more panels and put the panels on the roof so they get more sun light. The batteries I have and will get again are 215 ah gel cell batteries. So that will give me 860 ahs total if I get 4 of them. I have found out I do need four batteries to completely power this building. Presently I am on the grid (have electricity connected) and only use the solar when I have to. The inverter I have is a 3,000 watt inverter and will power this building with no problem. I just need more battery power than I have.
edit: The reason I need so much power is because I use a small microwave oven to heat my meals. I also have one of those magnetic induction hot plates to cook on.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Keep the faith John....The Big Guy has plans for all of us...
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Suzuki Johnny wrote:Keep the faith John....The Big Guy has plans for all of us...
Yes I know he does or someone does. I have lived thru things that would of and have killed other people, so I wonder just what my purpose could be at the age I am now? :Umm: Am I just waiting to die like it seems my mother did for all those years? ;IDunno:

JFL Live
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by JFL Live »

Congrats on your windfall, hope it helps you get somethings done! [emoji106]

My Mom is 82 and in perfect health. I'm not planning on or expecting any inheritance, don't think she has a lot and when ever we talk about it I tell her to spend everything. However I am the executor of her estate. And regardless of what I think about my 3 siblings... when the day comes, what ever there is will get divided up equally. And if I'm not around my oldest son is second inline to be the executor. Because he's like me and Mom knows it...
_I"T"|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**")_)

You will ride eternal, shiny and chrome...

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I know mom knew something was wrong but I'm not sure she had any idea the end would come as soon as it did. Now that end took a few more years but it was a lot faster than any of us kids thought it would. Mom was 84 yrs old when she died and was for the most part in good health. The down hill slide happened so fast none of us kids saw it coming. As happens so often the end came after being put in an assisted living home. She was kept medicated so much that the last time I saw her she was in bed almost asleep at 2 pm. At least she did know who I was and talked like she knew what she was saying even if it did sound a lot like she was drugged. I'm not for sure but I think she stayed in that home for about a month before she died. It pisses me off that I wasn't able to help more than I did. But then she was ready to get on with her life, so to speak, and go meet her husband, who died 52 years earlier, and the God she loved. I'm wondering just how much stuff mom really had and I am not being told about.

Personally I think the future life we will see is a lot different than the one we think we will have. But that is the subject for another thread. Since the soul lives on no matter what happens to the body we can supposedly relive the same life, start another life, do pretty much whatever we want or just go back and live in the body of God again. Pretty heady stuff huh?

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road

Post by jeffcoslacker »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I know mom knew something was wrong but I'm not sure she had any idea the end would come as soon as it did. Now that end took a few more years but it was a lot faster than any of us kids thought it would. Mom was 84 yrs old when she died and was for the most part in good health. The down hill slide happened so fast none of us kids saw it coming. As happens so often the end came after being put in an assisted living home. She was kept medicated so much that the last time I saw her she was in bed almost asleep at 2 pm. At least she did know who I was and talked like she knew what she was saying even if it did sound a lot like she was drugged. I'm not for sure but I think she stayed in that home for about a month before she died. It pisses me off that I wasn't able to help more than I did. But then she was ready to get on with her life, so to speak, and go meet her husband, who died 52 years earlier, and the God she loved. I'm wondering just how much stuff mom really had and I am not being told about.

Personally I think the future life we will see is a lot different than the one we think we will have. But that is the subject for another thread. Since the soul lives on no matter what happens to the body we can supposedly relive the same life, start another life, do pretty much whatever we want or just go back and live in the body of God again. Pretty heady stuff huh?
My grandpa on my dad's side was a devout Catholic and firmly believed in God and afterlife...and when he got old he honestly didn't seem to fear death at all, in fact he kinda welcomed it, seeing it as you say, the time to hopefully be rewarded for the life he lived and see all those who had gone before him.

He always told me that the only thing he didn't like was that feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop, knowing his time was near and being ready for it as far as this world goes, but just waiting, wondering when. But he kept forging ahead, even at 92 and still living alone..cooking, cleaning, planting and doing yard work and home repairs..the man was an unstoppable machine.

The end came fairly quickly, which is what he wanted I'm sure, but maybe not HOW he would have wanted...he was standing on a chair, trying to fix a light in the fixture above the kitchen table (yep, that's him at 92) and he lost his balance and fell, hitting the counter and lacerating his arms badly, skin was very thin and meds made him bleed easily...he managed to pull the phone off the counter and call 911 but when they got there they had to break the slider window to get in, and he was already in bad shape from blood loss and trauma. We got to talk to him at the hospital, he seemed content but weak, and you could tell this was his time, he'd decided that.

He died the next morning from issues from that incident, and I think just being ready/tired. He was a great man, one of the best I've known.

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Death always brings out the worst in people. When my mom died, we discovered that she had left a sealed letter with my oldest brother (he was also her estate administrator) stating that she wanted me to have her house because I was the only one out of all her children who didn't own a home. The letter was not read until after her death, in fact, only my brother knew it existed. Mom had developed Alzheimer's and required a lot of personal care the last decade of her life. I had sold my home in Oklahoma and moved into a rental house within a mile of her place in North Carolina. After her health started to deteriorate I told my wife we would not buy again until Mom passed because I needed to be close by. So, I rented for almost 10 years.

My oldest brother and I pretty much took care of everything around the house for her. We kept the place mowed, raked the leaves, took care of needed repairs, etc. A lot of those repairs I took care of myself. I had both tools and know-how. I had completely remodeled my fixer-upper home in Oklahoma, both inside and out. After my siblings learned about the letter one of them made a comment in an email that they now knew why I had taken such good care of Mom's home over the years (as if I knew anything about that letter beforehand). One of my sisters even asked my brother for a copy of the letter so her attorney could evaluate its legality. Long story short, after seeing the email I told my siblings that my older sisters hadn't a clue who their brother was, that I wanted nothing to do with the house and that they could sell it and use the money to buy a bus ticket to hell.

My wife and I plan on leaving nothing. We'll give our kids the shirts off our backs while we're alive, but the last thing I plan to do is leave a house that they'll have the hassle of cleaning up, getting ready for the market, selling or fighting over the what's left. I'll probably do the reverse mortgage thing. I'm not leaving hard feelings and a big a headache for anyone else.
lovineveryminuteofit

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

SuzyRidr2 wrote:Death always brings out the worst in people. When my mom died, we discovered that she had left a sealed letter with my oldest brother (he was also her estate administrator) stating that she wanted me to have her house because I was the only one out of all her children who didn't own a home. The letter was not read until after her death, in fact, only my brother knew it existed. Mom had developed Alzheimer's and required a lot of personal care the last decade of her life. I had sold my home in Oklahoma and moved into a rental house within a mile of her place in North Carolina. After her health started to deteriorate I told my wife we would not buy again until Mom passed because I needed to be close by. So, I rented for almost 10 years.

My oldest brother and I pretty much took care of everything around the house for her. We kept the place mowed, raked the leaves, took care of needed repairs, etc. A lot of those repairs I took care of myself. I had both tools and know-how. I had completely remodeled my fixer-upper home in Oklahoma, both inside and out. After my siblings learned about the letter one of them made a comment in an email that they now knew why I had taken such good care of Mom's home over the years (as if I knew anything about that letter beforehand). One of my sisters even asked my brother for a copy of the letter so her attorney could evaluate its legality. Long story short, after seeing the email I told my siblings that my older sisters hadn't a clue who their brother was, that I wanted nothing to do with the house and that they could sell it and use the money to buy a bus ticket to hell.

My wife and I plan on leaving nothing. We'll give our kids the shirts off our backs while we're alive, but the last thing I plan to do is leave a house that they'll have the hassle of cleaning up, getting ready for the market, selling or fighting over the what's left. I'll probably do the reverse mortgage thing. I'm not leaving hard feelings and a big a headache for anyone else.
I have started paying for our cremation, so the kids don't have to worry about it. As for the house, since I only bought it last year, and I turn 68 this year, doubt that there will be much for them to fight over.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:
Suzuki Johnny wrote:Keep the faith John....The Big Guy has plans for all of us...
Yes I know he does or someone does. I have lived thru things that would of and have killed other people, so I wonder just what my purpose could be at the age I am now? :Umm: Am I just waiting to die like it seems my mother did for all those years? ;IDunno:

Suzuki Johnny is Spot on. [emoji106] And we here are all pulling for you, John. :bow: :cheers: :clap: :rock:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Designer, I don't have much of a choice unless I want to kill myself which isn't going to happen as I don't believe in that. I'll go out the way God, the Universe or whoever wants me to go. Hopefully in my sleep beside a beautiful lady shot by her jealous husband. Of course we all know that isn't going to happen so I guess I'll live forever. :lmao:

Had to edit it. :bonk:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Okay. Wellll,.....At least you got one decent generator,...eh? ;IDunno:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Designer wrote:Okay. Wellll,.....At least you got one decent generator,...eh? ;IDunno:
Don't give up, I'll get the batteries for the camera and post a pic of my solar setup one of these days with the generator in the pic. Trust me I thank you each time I look at it. :bow: